We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
help with kwh to change over gas/Elec
Comments
-
Hi,
I have another question!
I have 2 readings for electricity a low and a high. I asked npower to put me on a tariff where they add them together as we have had the economy 7 panel removed and have no storage heaters etc and don't run much at night.
Is this the best thing to do?
Also when putting in my usage for electricity on the comparison sites I have added the 2 together.
day - 2376
night - 425
equals 2801.
Am I doing this right or being dim??:rotfl:[0 -
The supplier should know how your meter measures gas. If you are not sure, look at a recent bill or give them a call.
If you didn't use the 2.83 you'd have got 18,236 which is a bit more realistic.
Depening on your supplier you may need to get the meter swapped to one with onnly one readings, but to measure your consumption just add them together.
Have you checked if you'd be better off with one rate? It's not always the case.0 -
Hi,
Thanks for your help I have just requested a swap to Scottish Power with their price cap til 2011.
Hopefully this is the right thing to do! Comparison reckoned this would save me money so npower tariff I'm on must be appalling!!
Thanks again.:D[0 -
george1939 wrote: »your figure 13250times31 [being ft3]=410750 which is near enough to yours of 417375 [ Use the figure 41000kw on the comparison sites] 31 being a quick conversion
Sorry unit reading is not correctly read [417375] but the times 31 is correct whatever is the 'correct unit'
My usage was 24000+ a friends 37000+ but most should be plus or minus 20000kw as stated0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards