Best euro exchange rate

Options
Just want to know who is the best company to get euro's from and what is a good price to purchase them as I am going to gran Caneria in 5 weeks time and want to get the best price possible

I got some quotes today

Thompson - Euro exchange rate 1.433 (for any amount exchanged)
Thomas Cook 1.355 but increases to 1.422 if exhanging over £1,000

Any comments for advise would be appreciated

Comments

• liznewman
    Options
    did not know you could get euro's from thompson can you get them online that seems a very good rate, Thomas Cooke is low usually get mine from Post Office its 1.41 at the minute
  • slowen
    slowen Posts: 2,795 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    liznewman wrote:
    did not know you could get euro's from thompson can you get them online that seems a very good rate, Thomas Cooke is low usually get mine from Post Office its 1.41 at the minute

Not sure if thompson are offering that rate online or just in the shop as I phoned them up and they guarentee they will have the best exchange rate this weekend.

I am not going away for 5 weeks but I may take the knock and buy some this weekend
  • careerwumman
    Options
    Does anyone have any more advice about buying best-value Euros? About £700-900 worth.
  • Monkeybutt
    Options
    M&S were the best when I needed Euros, currently 1.44
  • careerwumman
    Options
    Is it true that Thomas Cook will match any other exchange rate? Do you need to provide evidence?
  • liznewman
    Options
    I think with Marks & Spencer to get that rate you have to use their credit card. Not sure about Thomas Cooke.
  • bargain_2
    Options
    Marks & Spencer are always the best rate. You don't need credit card.
  • slowen
    slowen Posts: 2,795 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is it true that Thomas Cook will match any other exchange rate? Do you need to provide evidence?

Thomas Cook were offering low exchange rate of 1.335 for the Euro so I went to Thompson who were offering 1.433.

Going to get some more Euros at the end of the month and hopefully they will be still offering a decent rate
  • Finishrich
    Finishrich Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Since I first discovered Travelex on this website over the last year or so they have always found they offered me the best deal. Currently 1.4401 for Euros. Usually I just order online and pick the money up at the airport and there is no additional transaction fee.
  • alanrowell
    Options
    1) Nationwide Flexaccount Debit card at ATM whilst abroad
    2) Any other Debit Card
    3) Travelex
    4) M&S
    5) Post Office.

Or has it changed since the last person asked about exchanging GBP for other currencies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure