Template Letters - Incorrect Credit Info Help

Options
I remember seeing a list of template letters on the site to ask for full details and a copy of a signed credit contract - does anyone know where this link is?? Tmobile have an old contract default that was not on my name registered to my credit report account and won't remove it as it was listed by a collections agency :mad: - I'd like to request all the info they have on me under DPA and a copy of the signed contract - appreciate any help...

Comments

• RichyRich
    RichyRich Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    As far as I'm aware the only right you have to copy of your signed credit agreement is under the Consumer Credit Act. To be honest I have no idea whether a mobile phone agreement comes under a the Act or not (I'm sure someone will come along soon and tell you), but the letter you'd need is this one. You'll need to send the letter along with the statutory £1 fee.

For all the information they hold on you you need to write to the company asking for a Subject Access Request. You coud use this letter as a "template" but obviously you'd need to change it from being about bank charges, just delete the irrelevant bits and put something like "pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998 I hereby require you to supply me with a copy of all data held about me, electronically or otherwise", or words to that effect. You'll need to include the statutory fee of £10.

HtH
    Rich
    #145 Save £12k in 2016 Challenge: £12,062.62/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £5,027.78 CHALLENGE MET
    #060 Save £12k in 2017 Challenge: £11,03.70/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £12,976.79 Shortfall: £996.30:eek:
    This is the secret message.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport