New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Whats the best way?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
2 replies 2K views
misters_2misters_2 Forumite
516 posts
100 Posts
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
My partner wants to start saving around £10, whats the best way ISA or just a savings account.

Hopefully all done online through DD from her standard bank account.

Any suggestions please?
:cool: :cool: misters :cool: :cool:

Replies

• misters_2misters_2 Forumite
    516 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    C'mon surely someone can come up with somrthing to do for £10 a week.

She wont take my advise of giving it to me for the pub. ;D
    :cool: :cool: misters :cool: :cool:
  • DiggingOutDiggingOut Forumite
    770 posts
    Probably an Abbey Postal ISA is as good as anything for her -- if she's a taxpayer. If not, she would do better with cahoot savings at 5.5%.

She should set up a standing order so it goes to savings automatically, and then she isn't tempted to spend it instead.
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support