Debenhams on-line

Options
Not sure if this is the right place for this...

I ordered some slippers on line last week. They came yesterday, but didn't fit. I phoned Customer Services and asked if I can take them back to my local branch for exchange or refund. I was told this would be no problem. So I went along yesterday only to be told they can't process on-line orders. I did explain that I had phoned customer services, but they still refused! Therefore don't waste your time like I did.

Comments

• Benji
    Benji Posts: 640 Forumite
    Options
    Time for a letter to the Chief Executive me thinks!
    Life should be a little nuts; otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together.
  • swebb
    swebb Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Options
    I did send an email to complain yesterday... no reply as yet.

To make matters worse, my wife went in there for lunch with a friend. They had 2 ciabatta's on offer - 2 for £3. Normally £3.60 each. You guessed it, they got charged the full £7.20! After a word, they got their money back. Just shows if you don't check.
  • le_eswiss
    Options
    hmmm. and while we are talking about service at Debenhams...

Went into my local store last week (Wimbledon) wanting to buy a couple of shirts. Saw a couple I liked, and was walking to the try rooms when I was told I couldn't try them on, I had to try one of the same size from the "trial rack". Fair enough - so off I went to the trial rack, but there were none in my size (there were only 3 shirts there). So I asked the customer "services" rep if I could open one of shirts I wanted to buy to try it on. And he said no - it was Debenham's policy not to let people try shirts on. So I asked to speak to the manager, who came, heard me, shrugged her shoulders and walked away!

so did send an email to customer services the same day (that was a week ago), no reply yet. so I wouldn't hold my breath!
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • NinaM
    NinaM Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    You can send things back for free and you get a receipt from the post office as proof of posting or your courier should collect. I have shopped with debs.com and they have always been fine with refunds when I have sent stuff back.
  • christymm
    Options
    i have ha realy bad problems with debenhams.com cs,it is rediculas they way i was treated and ask to speak to the manager,no the wouldent talk to me.
  • Suzy_Babe
    Options
    I had items to return to Debs, so booked courier for the Thursday (parcel too big to carry on 'bus to nearest PO). Waited in all day, but no show. 'Phoned on the Friday (polite young lady, who apologised & said she would investigate), and was told that it was too late to arrange for collection that day, but could arrange for Saturday morning.

I cancelled my regular Saturday morning arrangement (taking nephew to bowling league), stayed in all morning (until 2 pm, actually), but still no collection.

'Phoned first thing Monday morning and spoke to Miss 'Rude, tough luck, couldn't give a fig'. Said they could collect on Tuesday or Wednesday, so I said either day before 10 am or after 3 pm. 'You cannot specify times'(!). I said that I had already wasted a day-and-a half waiting for them to collect.
    'You cannot specify times ... (wait for this) ... until there have been 6 failed collections (!!!!!!!!).

Told her to 'leave it', and wrote (recorded delivery) to Ms M Francini, Director, expressing my GREAT dissatisfaction with this service, and requested that Debenhams replaces it unreasonable policy with regard to the ‘allowance’ of 6 failed collections with one that acknowledges that many women (through necessity) work full-time.

Needless to say she did not respond personally; the parcel was collected the following Saturday, after which I received a message from a Customer Services person to say that hopefully the parcel had now been collected; if not, I was to contact them.

Needless to say, I shall not be spending my hard-earned cash with them again.
    If it's cheap, I'm cheerful!
  • swebb
    swebb Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Options
    Useless - I haven't had my refund (slippers went back over a week ago). I've emailed to ask, but no joy. Does anyone know the address + name for the Chief Exec? I haven't even had a response about my complaint (the start of this thread). A load of pants.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure