New Skype All Inclusive Packages

Options
2»

Comments

• londonclanger
    Options
    Unfortunately Cyprus is not covered in either the 20 European or 34 World subscriptions.

You can see the countries covered on the webpage here - http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/allfeatures/subscriptions/?region=europe
  • londonclanger
    Options
    You can run Skype off a USB geek whistle as well - it's bundled on my ScanDisk Cruiser - so I can plug it in and run it from there. Sound quality is as much to do with your service provider as it is to do with the software.

Skype's prices look unbeatable really. Also, I checked the mobile rates on the euVox site and got this, a few lower than Skype, some higher (larger figure is VAT inclusive):

-UK-Mobile-3G20.0823.59 -UK-Mobile-BT15.4818.19 -UK-Mobile-T-MOBILE9.0510.63 -UK-Mobile-O28.7110.23 -UK-Mobile-Orange8.8210.36 -UK-Mobile-PNS20.0823.59 -UK-Mobile-Vodafone8.8210.36
    Skype support isn't great that's for sure.

All-in-all euVox looks a tad more complicated to Skype's simple download, install and call model. Looks like you have to get the USB softphone (the USB thing) off them directly.

Also, Skype's subscriptions have an online number and Skype To Go number included on many of the subscriptions so you appear to get more for your money..
  • DJFearRoss
    DJFearRoss Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My brother just asked me to setup Skype for my mum at home (UK), he's in the USA and calls home using skype alot but it's costing him quite a bit still. My mum's not too technical on computers.

What's the best way to set this up? Some people mentioned above a dual phone which sounds great!

Does this mean I just go and buy a dual phone, plug it in and job done?
    (She's has wireless broadband if that helps)
  • marcin007
    Options
    Don't forget that you also get a skype-in number, voicemail and skype go for free with any subscrition!
    Skype Go is with international callings as it gives you special access number, beginning with 01 - landline number, that you can call from your mobile and then just enter destination number and done! you only pay for the landline minutes which are always included in free allowance :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure