Magazine offers - 3 for £1, free gifts etc IIII (merged)

Options
1679111254

Comments

  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Options
    moi aussi!
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
  • ellen1974_2
    Options
    Anon wrote:
    Another guess based on pattern of links in the old Magazine thread

    http://www.subscription.co.uk/home/mpurchase.asp?m=19&src=SA30

    Zest, 3 issues for £1 each, plus Calvin Klein perfume - don't know any more than that but may be of interest. Does anyone know if this is this worth having? Would be annoyed to sign up and get a scratch and sniff sample!

    Anon

    Got mine today thanks.
    Its a 30ml bottle of Calvin Klein Truth. This will be a lovely xmas pressie for a friend.
  • jiji
    jiji Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    ellen1974 wrote:
    Got mine today thanks.
    Its a 30ml bottle of Calvin Klein Truth. This will be a lovely xmas pressie for a friend.
    Can you tell how much did charge you as it says £3.00 or £1.00. thanks
  • ellen1974_2
    Options
    jiji wrote:
    Can you tell how much did charge you as it says £3.00 or £1.00. thanks

    The offer states £1 an issue, so £3, but I cant be sure as they havent taken it out of the account yet.
  • sonic
    sonic Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    New pokerplayer mag has just come out. I got the first issue as a freebie but there's an offer inside for 12 issues for £5. Says you save £18.88 on the cover price. Looks like quite a light read and very accessible for the average poker player.

    Go to: http://www.subsinfo.co.uk/pokerplayer

    When it asks you for the offer code, enter D0511.
  • smudge78
    smudge78 Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Got my bottle of Calvin Klein today will make an excellent present. I am new to this magazine subscription thingy when is the right time to cancel? Do you write the letter of cancellation first or do you cancel the DD? Do you do it immediately as soon as the first DD comes out? do you HAVE to write a letter or can you get away with just cancelling he DD? Sorry for sounding a bit thick not sure what to do.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I just cancel the dd, never had a problem and had heaps of subs.
  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Options
    smudge78 wrote:
    Got my bottle of Calvin Klein today will make an excellent present. I am new to this magazine subscription thingy when is the right time to cancel? Do you write the letter of cancellation first or do you cancel the DD? Do you do it immediately as soon as the first DD comes out? do you HAVE to write a letter or can you get away with just cancelling he DD? Sorry for sounding a bit thick not sure what to do.

    If you have an online bank account, then you can cancel straight away online. Thats what I do.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
  • smudge78
    smudge78 Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your help guys, so if you cancel with online banking then that is enough. Doesn't the subscriber continue to send you out the magazine? or do they find out about your cancellation with your DD cancellation? Just want to be totally clued up before I start on a mad magazine subscribing escapade.
  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Options
    no they honour the subscription - so if you get 3 issues £1, and cancel after you receive the first issue, then you'll still get the remaining 2 issues. What they (the magazine people) are hoping is that you forget and then they can start taking payment out every quarter, so you have to be on the ball. I wouldn't suggest having too many subs on the go at once - it can get very confusing - believe me! Hope that helps.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards