We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

T-mobile no longer accept CashPlus MC for payment

Options
pa49
pa49 Posts: 34 Forumite
After two weeks of trying to pay my T-mobile bill by CashPlus MC (which I have done for the last 12 months) and despite having two contracts and just renewed one for a further 12 months I have learned that they have made the decision to no longer accept pre-pay cards.
I have complained and complained but have got nowhere.
No reason offered, no notice of intention, no period to allow for the arrangement of alternative ways to pay. Just an "if you don't have some other way to pay we will suspend your service".
Anyone who uses a pre pay - beware!

Do you pay for your mobile bill with PrePay card? 9 votes

Yes
0% 0 votes
No
100% 9 votes

Comments

• skyrider007
    skyrider007 Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    Vodafone (my mobile phone provider) only allows payment via Direct Debit.
  • 76Bramble
    76Bramble Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I also have Cashplus and I was issued a replacement card for some reason. I tried to register it with Vodafone and it wouldn't let me, (the previous one had been registered).
    I rang Cashplus and they are saying the new Mastercard starts with 5404 and the old one was 5209. Cashplus said Vodafone needs to update their payment system. I also have Virgin pre paid and that one works.
    76Bramble:)
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why do you want to do it this way? You pay extra to load and/or spend the money. A Direct Debit "just works" :)
  • agsnu
    agsnu Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    Options
    T-Mobile lets you pay by BACS for no extra charge, if you don't want to give them a DD mandate...
  • BilboBaggins2k
    Options
    By Pre-pay, do you mean those pre-pay Mastercard that are around? If so that's a shame.
  • pa49
    Options
    Why do you want to do it this way? You pay extra to load and/or spend the money. A Direct Debit "just works" :)
    I am on my third year card with CashPlus and don't get any charge!
    D/Ds can seriously go wrong.
    And you have to have a cheque account with a bank, which I don't.
    Anyway it's my choice as I have never had a bad situation with CashPlus.
  • pa49
    Options
    76Bramble wrote: »
    Hi, I also have Cashplus and I was issued a replacement card for some reason. I tried to register it with Vodafone and it wouldn't let me, (the previous one had been registered).
    I rang Cashplus and they are saying the new Mastercard starts with 5404 and the old one was 5209. Cashplus said Vodafone needs to update their payment system. I also have Virgin pre paid and that one works.
    76Bramble:)
    I have checked with CashPlus and they say that T-mobile have implemented a new transaction collecting system ( operated by Barclay's Merchant Services) and I bet it's because they don't get a kick-back.
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    Vodafone (my mobile phone provider) only allows payment via Direct Debit.

When I was with them last year I could pay by credit/debit card by phoning 191 I think it was
  • pa49
    Options
    agsnu wrote: »
    T-Mobile lets you pay by BACS for no extra charge, if you don't want to give them a DD mandate...
    Checked on this one and some banks only do CHAPS and charge HUGE for the privelege.
  • pa49
    Options
    By Pre-pay, do you mean those pre-pay Mastercard that are around? If so that's a shame.
    Yes, and not being able to use it is very inconvenient as I am severely disabled and do all my money transfers on line.Can't get to any bank or Post Office.
    I even get my topups to CashPlus via an online bank transfer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport