Transfering YBS eISA to ICESAVE, best time now?

Options
Hi Guys,

I have opened an easy access ISA with ICESAVE at the start of the financial year but still hold previous ISA subscriptions with YBS. I was about to request transfering it to ICESAVE but have read so many stories in here about delays that took not only a month but few months. AFAIK that they don't backdate any interest and will only pay once they received the funds. Hence, would it be the best time now to request transfer from YBS? Does any of you guys had recent experience with transfers between the two?

cheers

Comments

• pmorrison_2
    pmorrison_2 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    A couple of months ago I transfered my Abbey Easy ISA to ICESAVE, it took about 3 weeks in total for the money to go from one account to the other, your current supplier have a legal requirement to hand over the money in a certain time (maybe 14 days, not sure though) and once that was done for me the money was in the ICESAVE account around a week later. It was much easier than I expected it to be!
  • Bisoy
    Bisoy Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    My own understanding is that ISA provider/lender has 30 days to complete the transfer( unsure if it's a legal requirement). So, what will happened if it has gone more than 30 days and hasn't not been received? Will they be liable for the lost interest while on transit?

cheers
  • paulboy83
    paulboy83 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    I just transferred from NS&I to Icesave and the transfer was done within a week, perhaps I was lucky, but there can't be much of a delay now, if i'm typical!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure