Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

18185 works with Talk Talk.

in Phones & TV
11 replies 1.7K views
Just thought I would mention that I signed up with 18185 last night and just made my first 0845 call at half a penny a minute.

And a local call was 1p per minute.

And I'm with Talk Talk,so they haven't blocked the number.Yet!

Zolabud.:beer:

Replies

• BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    zolabud wrote: »
    Just thought I would mention that I signed up with 18185 last night and just made my first 0845 call at half a penny a minute.

And a local call was 1p per minute.

And I'm with Talk Talk,so they haven't blocked the number.Yet!

Zolabud.:beer:

I take it you are with Talk Talk for line rental and not just for calls.

There is no difference between local and national calls, not been for some years.

However you state it was 1p per minute, that means you are using their 0808 access number and not the short-code 18185, that is probably not blocked.

Talk Talk did have in their terms at one time, might still be there, that if you use alternate carries, they will either increase your line rental, increase call charges, charge for those calls or terminate your service. Though I've not heard this happening yet.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • Oh really....

Well,there had to be a catch,although how could Talk Talk know that I am using this service if it doesn't come up on Talk Talks' bill?
    Will the fact I no longer have any calls through Talk Talk make them smell a rat?

I am on Talk 2 International,which I had to sign up for to get the 'free' broadband.Evening+weekend calls free,and free international calls.
    18 month contract.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Oh really....

Well,there had to be a catch,although how could Talk Talk know that I am using this service if it doesn't come up on Talk Talks' bill?
    Will the fact I no longer have any calls through Talk Talk make them smell a rat?

I am on Talk 2 International,which I had to sign up for to get the 'free' broadband.Evening+weekend calls free,and free international calls.
    18 month contract.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

It's an 0808 number, even though it doesn't show on the bill, the call is still registered as it is still going out over their system.

I've yet known anyone have issues, that doesn't mean they won't cotton on.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • So what is he worst that could happen then?
    Could I get charged more...Better look at my Terms and conditions then...

Zolabud.
  • Is this anything to do with dialling 18185?

1.23 When you have been transferred to our LLU network, you need to be aware that:
    1.23.1 you may no longer be able to use some telecommunications services you purchase from other telephone providers, such as indirect access services (whether using the BT 1280 or other indirect access codes);

????????????????
  • Or this?

1.23.3 if you want to switch one or more of your services to another telephone provider, we may have to provide your remaining Service(s) through another Network. You accept that you may have to pay additional charges for receiving Services from us in that case.

?????????????????????????????
  • Found this in my trawl of the terms and conditions.

A bit worrying eh.....

11 Use of Your Information
    [FONT=Arial,Arial]11.1 We respect your personal information and undertake to comply with applicable Data Protection legislation in place from time to time. We may hold information that you provide to us (such as by telephone on an application or Order form or registration form) or that we may obtain from another source (such as our suppliers, marketing organisations or credit reference agencies). This information ("[/FONT]Your Information[FONT=Arial,Arial]") may include your name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone numbers, email address, bank and Credit or Debit Card information, occupation and employment data, lifestyle information and details of how you use the Services, which may include for example and without limitation, traffic data related to your use of the Mobile Service or the Call Services including, without limitation, the numbers you call, the type, date, time, location, duration, and cost of calls, messages or other communications, the addresses you send messages to, or your use of the Broadband Service, such as how long you are on-line, your browsing activities and other general information about the way you pay and manage your account.
    [/FONT]
  • This just about sums it all up...

12 Matters Beyond Reasonable Control
    [FONT=Arial,Arial]12.1 Sometimes we are unable to do what we have agreed due to something beyond our reasonable control. If this happens we do not accept responsibility for what has occurred.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/FONT]
  • creddishcreddish Forumite
    229 Posts
    Is this anything to do with dialling 18185?
    1.23 When you have been transferred to our LLU network, you need to be aware that:

1.23.1 you may no longer be able to use some telecommunications services you purchase from other telephone providers, such as indirect access services (whether using the BT 1280 or other indirect access codes);

????????????????
    Yes it is. But it probably applies more to blocking the 4 or 5 digit "prefix" numbers rather than to 0808 number you are using now. They could also block the 0808 numbers if you have your line rental with them but I don't believe that is often done by line rental companies.

Colin
  • zolabud_2zolabud_2 Forumite
    57 Posts
    Thanks Creddish.
    I was going to forget using the 0808...But It is kindof addictive.

Shall see what happens with my next TT bill,and just hope I don't have any hassle.
    Be lovely if it works tho...

Zolabud.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard