We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Same PIN for credit/debit cards?

Options
2»

Comments

• skyrider007
    skyrider007 Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    NO
    Lizalu wrote: »
    I use different PINs for all I re-use the same PIN if I get a new card.

My sister uses the third set of four digits of her card (back to front) as her PIN, then she doesn't have to remember them.

Good idea! You shouldn't be telling people about your sister's secret code!
  • dhassen
    dhassen Posts: 759 Forumite
    Options
    Yes
    I use one for my debit card, and one for my three ccs (don't ever use them though).
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 784 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Tribulation
    Tribulation Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    Options
    NO
    Different pins for everything.

I use one password for all online sites that I don't want to register on but am forced to in order to gain access.

For all other online sites (inc banks) I use a different password for each one, the maximum length I'm allowed to use, consisting of randomly chosen upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols. For example, if I had to choose a password upto a max of 16 characters now, I would pick a random set such as

ddD53%q65Gd&R43P
    Martin Lewis is always giving us advice on how to force companies to do things.

How about giving us advice on how to remove ourselves from any part of
    MoneySupermarket.com

I hereby withdraw any permission Martin might have implied he gave MoneySupermarket.com to use any of my data. Further more, I do not wish ANY data about me, or any of my posts etc to be held on any computer system held by MoneySupermarket.com or any business it has any commercial interests in.
  • Tori_Bellatrix
    Tori_Bellatrix Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes
    Hands up ... I'm a one PIN kinda girl most of the time ... although my newest CC currently has a different PIN ... I've only left it cos it's easy to remember.
    :happylove Tori Bellatrix :happylove

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills