Same PIN for credit/debit cards?

Options
On the back (shamelessly!) of another thread about "what have you got in your wallet?" there was mention of how many of us have the same PIN for our credit or debit cards.

Thread here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=878997

Out of curiosity do you have the same PIN for more than two of your cards?

Do you have the same PIN for some/all of your cards? 55 votes

Yes
58%
Jamescifpowerboots_babearealhighlanderEms!BigglesLornebristol_pilotKavannesammyjammyStella1971sjc_2Unknown21castlehillTori_Bellatrixdhassenemma396Tigsteroonie**woody123**LuSiVe 32 votes
NO
41%
CopperPlate_2cajefSalsaDancamedic1978sofa_surferd130SarahNeedle1872JonnyBravoTribulationskyrider007LizaluAllan87quietishoneNickXweegie.geeksurreysaveragsnuredkellyNixxxadrianelliott 23 votes

Comments

• ~daisy~_2
    ~daisy~_2 Posts: 2,566 Forumite
    Options
    im embraressed to say yes i do - otherwise id forget !!

i also use the same password for everything - im a hackers dream :(
    :j MFi3 wannabee :j
    mortgage owing 04.07 £36,000
    mortgage owing 07.10 £0 !!!!
  • ShelfStacker_3
    ShelfStacker_3 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    All my cards have different PINs. At one point they were all the same, but all my cards have been replaced in the meantime so it made more sense not to keep them the same.
  • SarahNeedle1872
    Options
    NO
    All mine are different.... most of them I don't know as the cards were only used for BT purposes, and the PINs destroyed without opening..... cards soon to be closed anyway.
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    Options
    I only have two and they are the same.
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes
    My pin is the same for all cards: 0110 :money:
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • **woody123**
    Options
    Yes
    I have 3 cards all the same PIN...

but i do have different passwords for internet banking and other savings accounts.
  • emma396
    emma396 Posts: 760 Forumite
    Options
    Yes
    i have one pin for bank accounts, another fpr building society accounts, and my credit cards all have different pins. have too many accounts to have a different pin for each, have enough trouble remembering them as it is!
  • skyrider007
    skyrider007 Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    NO
    I have six chip and pin cards and all of them have different PINs. I've forgotten one of my PINs once and got the card locked, lol. Maybe I should use only one PIN.
  • CopperPlate_2
    CopperPlate_2 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Options
    NO
    Oh dear, 2/3rds so far have the same PIN for their cards! Suppose it's difficult to remember a few PIN's especially standing in the checkout queue...desperately trying to remember which PIN goes with the whatever card...:)
  • Lizalu
    Lizalu Posts: 437 Forumite
    Options
    NO
    I use different PINs for all I re-use the same PIN if I get a new card.

My sister uses the third set of four digits of her card (back to front) as her PIN, then she doesn't have to remember them.
    odi et amo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport