We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Robinson Way say they are coming to My House - Will They?

Options
Hi,

I apparently have a debt owing to HSBC from years ago, I have disputed this debt and requested a CCA from Robinson Way, they advised me that they could not provide this as the debt was for a bank account - I still asked them to provide proof which they have failed to do.

Today they have sent me a letter saying that some one will call around my house in the next 10 days to discuss this debt.

Will they do this - I dont fancy any one coming round - Any letters I send they seem to ignore - I have asked them to provide proof otherwise I will complain and asked them to stop harrassing me.

Can someone pls give me advice.

Thanks

user_offline.gif

Comments

• PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I apparently have a debt owing to HSBC from years ago, I have disputed this debt and requested a CCA from Robinson Way, they advised me that they could not provide this as the debt was for a bank account - I still asked them to provide proof which they have failed to do.

Today they have sent me a letter saying that some one will call around my house in the next 10 days to discuss this debt.

Will they do this - I dont fancy any one coming round - Any letters I send they seem to ignore - I have asked them to provide proof otherwise I will complain and asked them to stop harrassing me.

Can someone pls give me advice.

Thanks

user_offline.gif
    How many years ago? If it 6 or more then the debt is statute barred and just ignore it, if the debt is unsecured then they can't take anything off you to pay for it, seek legal advice if unsure.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • souljahslim
    Options
    Hi,

yes the debt is not on my credit file and I can not remember it at ALL

what type of proof do DCA's have to provide for bank accounts
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    Options
    Get a big mother of a nasty blood thirsty dog and set it on them when they knock.....
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok, then the debt is void, don’t acknowledge these scum bags, don’t allow them into your home, they are tricksters and will try and con their way in to your home.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • NickX
    NickX Posts: 3,046 Forumite
    Options
    I'm afraid they probably will come round, even though they have no right to do so.

Debt Collectors are the scourge of society and will pull all sorts of dirty tricks to get debts repaid, some legal, some not so legal.

You have a right not be harrassed. I would advise that you write to them stating that you do not acknowledge this debt in anyway. State that they have not provided any evidence of this debt, and you trust that they will not need to contact you again. However, should they wish to make further communication with you, then you request this be in writing, and any other forms of communication including telephone calls and personal visits will be deemed as harrassment and they will be reported to Trading Standards, the Office of Fair Trading and the local Police.

If they do actually visit you, under no circumstances allow them entry to your home. Do NOT open the door to them, just ignore them and they will get bored eventually. If they persist, then definitely call the police.

They have no right to visit you and certainly no right to remove any of your possessions - only bailiffs appointed by the courts can do this.

If the debt is statute barred (over 6 years old) or the debt cannot be evidenced then they have no case and should not be contacting you.
  • chilli_dog
    chilli_dog Posts: 843 Forumite
    Options
    They have to provide details of the debt. If they do turn up they have no powers what so ever, they cannot enter your house or anything.

They will obviously lie to you.

Tell them to get a real job
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    Options
    My loony bin Patterdale will have their legs sharpish hehe..
    SOL.jpg
  • CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Read this thread, was so good I saved it to my favourites to recommend for queries just like this:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=696345
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • tinymcfc
    tinymcfc Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Just ask if this debt was previously with Wescot debt recovery (it will have been), advise you want a hold on the debt and require proof with a signature. They know they cannot provide it. They have just bought a whole load of debts from HSBC that they cannot claim back on, so they are trying to get everything they can to recover losses. Say you have contacted HSBC and they have no record...
  • souljahslim
    Options
    does any 1 think that they will provide proof this has been going on for 6 months now - i dont think that they will - what does every 1 else thnk - I am getting fed up of al the letters and the threats - I can afford to pay easily but why should I
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport