'We’ve hit the big 2,000,000 on the e-mail address… unbelievable!' blog discussion

Options

Comments

• Tulip
    Tulip Posts: 29,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    well done Martin on the 2m mark,congratulations :)
  • full-time-mum
    full-time-mum Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Options
    This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's "We’ve hit the big 2,000,000 on the e-mail address… unbelievable!" blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Click reply to discuss below.

Wow, well done.:beer::T
    That's a lot of money saved.....
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • dancingfairy
    dancingfairy Posts: 9,069 Forumite
    Options
    Well there's still a lot of goals to go for. Here's some you might want to adopt:
    a) start a tv news station on personal finance issues
    b) set up a production/news company to supply the news
    c) get a decent amount of personal finance on the national curriculum
    d) campaign on an issue - ie the goal is for 80% to be not overcharged compared to now on their utilities in 5 years time (or whatever)
    e) maybe you will have to set some other goals - like become a scrabble champion

or maybe stop setting goals and enjoy spending loads of time with your lovely wife! (Can't see you ever slowing down much to be honest). I amsure with your vision you will be able to see where there are gaps in the media industry and will be filling them before long.
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • Nikolic
    Nikolic Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now that's a lot of people! It's such a shame that more people can't meet you face-to-face and see for themselves first-hand how committed you are to helping people.

When we were at the show last week, my Mum was really taken back by just how approachable you were! (Even after the show, when you were out on the street waiting for your cab!) Put the pressure on me now though to get the grades to get into LSE. She keeps on reminding me that one day I could the next MoneySavingExpert. Watch this space is all I can say!
  • coffeco
    Options
    All we can say Martin is a Big Thank you for all your advice, its helped us on numerous occasions to go in the right direction for the answer.
  • morg_monster
    morg_monster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    OK Martin, so now we see you've had the same photo of yourself in the top left corner for more than 5 years now! Come on, update it! I always think you look a bit grumpy in it and a bit too much like Phil Spencer...
  • Chezchez_2
    Options
    What a brilliant website - the best on the Internet. Changed my life, really, like no other diet I've ever tried! From financial slob to lean, mean, rippling financial six-pack in twelve months. Thanks, MSE team, and keep going.
  • kfn1502
    kfn1502 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I signed up to the weekly email in the very early days - with a now defunct email address. It's been great watching the site grow & develop, and I am a regular and devoted user, although I don't post on forums very often. As a volunteer Personal Budget Coach, I work with many people helping them to progress from financial chaos to financial freedom and the Money Saving Expert website has proved to be incredibly helpful to me and to my clients.

Thanks, Martin, for your vision all those years ago - and for maintaining your integrity as well. We have some differences in our philosophical outlook, but we have the same aim in getting people to save money!
  • Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Martin, That really is a staggering achievement. Well done.

Clariman
    Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Congratulations Martin and Team.....you have saved me thousands.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure