'We’ve hit the big 2,000,000 on the e-mail address… unbelievable!' blog discussion

Options
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's "We’ve hit the big 2,000,000 on the e-mail address… unbelievable!" blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    What sorta Press Release will you be releasing to celebrate this? The site deserves a high profile and some public recognition of a site where selfless people help each other out. Also that it has all been inspired by Martin.
    Go Martin.... Go Martin ..... Go Martin .....
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • altyfc
    altyfc Posts: 788 Forumite
    Options
    The rate at which you've gone from 1m to 2m is incredible.

Well done!!
  • Merlot
    Merlot Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    That's fantastic, it also explains why I don't get any of the freebies Martin mentions in his E-mail, I must be the last one on the list to receive the weekly email:D

Seriously, well done to Martin and the team.

Merlot.x.
    "Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does, except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place." — Abigail Van Buren
  • SnargleFlip
    Options
    Am I safe in assuming that the 2m figure is free from any 'bounce-backs' i.e. 'this email address not recognised' etc? Even if not, it's an amazing figure.

Of the 5m monthly visitors, how many are unique visitors?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Merlot wrote: »
    That's fantastic, it also explains why I don't get any of the freebies Martin mentions in his E-mail, I must be the last one on the list to receive the weekly email:D

Seriously, well done to Martin and the team.

Merlot.x.

You'll find tips on how to view the email on the site once it starts sending...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=834777
  • Merlot
    Merlot Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    You'll find tips on how to view the email on the site once it starts sending...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=834777

Thanks, your worth your weight in gold!
    "Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does, except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place." — Abigail Van Buren
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Merlot wrote: »
    Thanks, your worth your weight in gold!

Thats why Martin can't afford me, too much gold :rotfl:
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am I safe in assuming that the 2m figure is free from any 'bounce-backs' i.e. 'this email address not recognised' etc? Even if not, it's an amazing figure.

Of the 5m monthly visitors, how many are unique visitors?

As you'll see from this past blog the official number includes a number of now dead e-mails - but so we can be consistent over time we keep with the "number of addresses signed up and never unsubscribed" the actual send is to 1.9m active email addresses.

And yes 5m unique users about 8m visits (you'll see the exact stats on the bottom right of the home page)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • mcbiddy
    mcbiddy Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    at this rate, you'll reach the 3m mark on january 8th 2009 (around about lunch time), which incidently is also my birthday... ;)
  • littleredhen
    littleredhen Posts: 3,280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i miss listening to Martin's money mutterings i have to say cos it even got the kids interested (aged 7 & 10) and i am sorry to say that i keep forgetting to watch on channel 5 on wednesdays:o

brilliant anyway so keep up the good work
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure