We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Monument Credit Card

Options
Just wondered whether anyone had any dealings with this company and how easy/difficult it is to get a card. I have a really bad credit rating and have been declined for Capital One/Vanquis and want to rebuild my rating.

Comments

• cambsgirl_2
    Options
    Me too
    Capital One and Vanquis have turned me down too so I would like info
    I have a pre paid card but would rather have a credit card no matter how high the interest as I would be paying it off each month.
    I just need to get a credit rating again
    Tanya
  • bethanyrayne
    Options
    kitkat35 wrote: »
    Just wondered whether anyone had any dealings with this company and how easy/difficult it is to get a card. I have a really bad credit rating and have been declined for Capital One/Vanquis and want to rebuild my rating.

I have no idea how easy it is to get the card you mention but another you can try is Aqua or Barclaycard Initial,

Aqua here http://www.aquacard.co.uk/

Initial here http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal-home/cards/initial/index.html

Good Luck
  • skyrider007
    skyrider007 Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    Halifax Classic should be relatively easy to get hold of (28% interest) http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/classic.asp
  • System
    System Posts: 178,109 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I didn't think they issued these any more?

As far as I can remember they were taken over by Barclaycard and not long after were closed to new customers.

I could be completely wrong though!!

UNDERGROUND :D
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    As far as I can remember they were taken over by Barclaycard and not long after were closed to new customers.

I could be completely wrong though!!

I'm sure you're right.

Originally, the card was aimed at customers with a poor credit rating.
    Barclaycard took over the operation and changed the name (from Providian to Monument).
    Soon afterwards, the card was sold off to another bank - the name escapes me - and closed to new business.
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • kitkat35
    kitkat35 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied online using their application form and it immediately came up with a message saying I had not met their lending criteria. I am concerned if they are closed to new business as to where my details have been sent. The site was encrypted.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,109 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kitkat35 wrote: »
    I applied online using their application form and it immediately came up with a message saying I had not met their lending criteria. I am concerned if they are closed to new business as to where my details have been sent. The site was encrypted.

What URL did you use?

• kitkat35
    kitkat35 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied online at www.themonumentcard.co.uk
  • skyrider007
    skyrider007 Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    wow it still exists!
  • NewbieMoneySaver**
    Options
    Yes your all right.

I have a monument card and have had it now for over two years.

They do belong to barclays but I dont agree that they are for people with poor credit. I never really use my card though So i'm thinking of just getting rid of it.
    :oCurrent Debt £38,000:o

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport