Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

Options

Comments

• bomb_the_cherry
    Options
    Gotta say I've just bought a bottle (spray) of Clarity from PP and couldn't be happier, smells just like Boss Orange. Definitely going to be returning to them!

Though my hunt for a lemon perfume for a frugal price continues!
    :j
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,578 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Orchids (Notes similar to that found in Eternity Purple Orchid)

This can be found at the Perfume Parlour, either in oil or spray form. Be aware, however, that the spray does not represent particularly good value for money, though the oil does.

I think that £8 or 3 for £20 represents very good value for money on the Perfume Parlour sprays. The genuine articles would cost a heck of a lot more.
  • pattycake
    Options
    Gotta say I've just bought a bottle (spray) of Clarity from PP and couldn't be happier, smells just like Boss Orange. Definitely going to be returning to them!

Though my hunt for a lemon perfume for a frugal price continues!

Why don't you email Amir at Perfume Parlour and ask him to suggest something which meets your brief. I have always found him to be very helpful and anxious to please. When I had a small complaint about one of my orders and sent an email, he actually rang me within a few minutes to discuss my problem and sort it out.
  • scentedellie
    scentedellie Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 28 November 2012 at 6:57AM
    Options
    pattycake wrote: »
    I think that £8 or 3 for £20 represents very good value for money on the Perfume Parlour sprays. The genuine articles would cost a heck of a lot more.

I disagree.

Milton Lloyd perfumes work out at about £5 (or less) for 50mls, whereas Perfume Parlour sprays are £8 for 25mls. Linn Young and Creation Lamis represent even better value, as their perfumes come in 100ml bottles, and are only a few pounds more.

Each to their own!
  • pattycake
    Options
    I disagree.

Milton Lloyd perfumes work out at about £5 (or less) for 50mls, whereas Perfume Parlour sprays are £8 for 25mls. Linn Young and Creation Lamis represent even better value, as their perfumes come in 100ml bottles, and are only a few pounds more.

Each to their own!

I have not tried the brands you refer to so I cannot comment. All I know is that Perfume !!!!!! was a revelation to me. I can try all sorts of different designer fragrances at a fraction of the cost of the real thing. I do like to have some of the genuine articles though. I have not liked all the smells I have had from PP but I just pass them on to my daughter or a friend and don't really feel that I have wasted too much money.
  • scentedellie
    Options
    I have not tried the brands you refer to so I cannot comment. All I know is that Perfume !!!!!! was a revelation to me. I can try all sorts of different designer fragrances at a fraction of the cost of the real thing. I do like to have some of the genuine articles though. I have not liked all the smells I have had from PP but I just pass them on to my daughter or a friend and don't really feel that I have wasted too much money.

Hi pattycake

Yes, if you want to try new perfumes, especially ones which are not made by the brands above, PP is probably the way to go.

I also like to have the genuine articles (in moderation). Sometimes I start off with the real thing and then 'top up' with a cheaper version during the day. This works especially well with the perfume oils, which are portable.

scentedellie
  • geriann
    geriann Posts: 158 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    is there a cheaper alternative to Joop! Homme?
    it's the pink one.
    my fiance likes that one.
  • bomb_the_cherry
    Options
    Why don't you email Amir at Perfume Parlour and ask him to suggest something which meets your brief. I have always found him to be very helpful and anxious to please. When I had a small complaint about one of my orders and sent an email, he actually rang me within a few minutes to discuss my problem and sort it out.

Might do that, thanks! They actually had exactly what I wanted on there but it was sold out, and when I went back it was no longer on the list. So yeah, I think I'll email :)
    :j
  • david_silva
    Options
    Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! :T
  • naiche
    Options
    Hi does anyone know of a cheap version of Guy Laroche's Fidji by any chance?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback