genie/o2

Options
debann
debann Posts: 29 Forumite
Hi

wonder if anyone can give us some advice on this please...

We have been with o2 (originally genie) for almost 4 yrs now
we have a phone each (contract)
Each paying £20 a month which gives us both
600 texts and 100 anytime minutes a month

We are wanting to upgrade our phones , which we can do every 12 months, but they are saying they are phasing out the old genie tariffs and in order to upgrade we have to change our tariff, can they do this?

Or
Does anyone know of a good monthly tariff that gives more texts messages than phone call minutes as we seldom make calls mostly texts..

Thanks

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome to the Phone Boards ;)

Can I suggest that you email webmaster@moneysavingexpert.com and ask Webby to change your user name as its never a good idea to use your email address incase you get spammed as people can and do gather them from open forums such as this.

If you give Webby an alternative user name he will fix it for you icon7.gif
  • MonkeyGirl
    MonkeyGirl Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    I was on the same tariff. I'm now on o2 online offpeak 300. This gives me 500 texts and 300 off peak mins to any UK landline or mobile. I only pay £15 a month for this as I was already a customer. I deciced to change as got a new phone and wanted to be able to send MMS. MMS isn't included in the tariff though. Hope this helps.
  • itsbeef
    itsbeef Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    Hey........

I was in a similar situation last year and managed to negotiate a deal where I got 1000 texts (used for work purposes) and 400 xnetwork minutes for £30. I have also just recieved an upgrade to the new Sony Ericsson w800i.

Speak to them on 0800 005 005 and give them the old "better deals elsewhere but dont want to move....

:T

Good luck
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    I'm on o2 line advance. I just upgrade my phone making sure they don't alter the contract. I don't get or want mms etc.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport