We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Virgin money up to 34.9%apr!

Options

Comments

• PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When companies stick my name in there system they have an automated response "Computer says no" everytime. :rolleyes:
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • Treadmill
    Treadmill Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Options
    I know they dont always mean a lot, but I'm obssesed with getting mine up, that won't happen until next year when a default drops off though.

Sad really as its just numbers on a screen lol
  • Treadmill
    Options
    Prolient,My sister in law who works for the lending department in a bank says that one of the main reasons applications get knocked back is previous searchs, I don't know if all banks are the same but you might find not applying for cards for a year might help, if thats possible.
  • money-4-nothing
    Options
    I've just recieved this letter too... 34.9%. 1 month before the end of my 0% for 12 month offer too.
  • Treadmill
    Options
    I've just recieved this letter too... 34.9%. 1 month before the end of my 0% for 12 month offer too.

Just as the "Hoik You In" rate finishes, typical.
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Treadmill wrote: »
    Prolient,My sister in law who works for the lending department in a bank says that one of the main reasons applications get knocked back is previous searchs, I don't know if all banks are the same but you might find not applying for cards for a year might help, if thats possible.
    Ah well that explains it cos I have got 65 searches on my Experian file in the last 3 month's. :eek:
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    Options
    Postcode plays a lot in getting credit as well...
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    clio wrote: »
    Postcode plays a lot in getting credit as well...
    NE8 NOWT FOR YEE PAL!
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    Options
    lol mines when i leave this dump NE3 ....

edited for typo
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    clio wrote: »
    lol mines when i leave this dump NE5 ....
    Ah, sounds like a Cowgate post code that, my dad lives there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport