Eurostar 2 for 1 promotion

Options

Comments

• Vendee
    Vendee Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    steveandel wrote: »
    Taken from the terms and conditions on the Eurostar promotion page. So it looks like you need to take the original voucher that was in the paper (presumably an Essex local paper?) because they may ask to see the voucher on the train as proof that you are eligible for the promotion. What do you reckon the likelihood of them asking for the voucher is? Or does anybody know which paper the vouchers are in?[/size][/font]

I think if they have taken your money and issued the tickets then you are safe. They are not going to employ someone to check vouchers on the train. I'm just about to book a couple of tickets for June.
  • steveandel
    steveandel Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I think I'm probably going to risk it anyhow. It does only say 'you may be asked to show it' not 'you will be asked to show it' so i suspect it's put in in an attempt to restrict the offer to the intended participants without them actually having to do any checking at the time of the journey.
  • Victors_Bruvver
    Options
    These are the official rules regarding the free travel on South Eastern taken directly out of the Railway Bible (The Fares Manual).

Travel to EBBSFLEET INTERNATIONAL and/or ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL for Eurostar customers
    A great posting clear and to the point. May I add my tuppence worth please for those who are not in the Southeastern region?

For all those travellers in other parts of the UK National Rail offers flexible fares for travel to London, Ashford, Harwich or Dover to connect with a Eurostar or 'railandsail' departure to Europe. These are separate tickets, which should be used in conjunction with your international travel ticket. Ask at your local station for a ticket to "London International" and show your Eurostar or 'railandsail' ticket.
    Tickets issued to "London International" have fewer time restrictions (often none at all) compared with normal tickets and they ensure "Contract for International Carriage of Passengers and Luggage by Rail (CIV) - PDF" apply to your whole journey, rather than just on the continent.
    Tickets to "London International" also include the London Underground across London (if necessary) to St.Pancras (or Liverpool Street, Charing Cross or Victoria).

This is from the National Rail Enquiries website and can be found here; http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations_destinations/travel_europe.html
    The only change I made was to top and tail it off by substituting St.Pancras from Waterloo which as you know is no longer used by Eurostar. The promotion being commented on this thread is, I think, just for Ashford & Ebbsfleet but the London International CIV is still valid to travel to those stations. Perhaps ticketcollector will put me right. It was the last time I bought one prior to the Southeastern deal to go from Folkestone to Ashford International to connect with Eurostar.
  • h007
    h007 Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i keep getting really high prices even though i used the 2 for £90 link and code!?!?!?
  • BernadetteN
    BernadetteN Posts: 845 Forumite
    Options
    Just refering back a few pages its worth mentioning that French Eurostar tickets are about 15% less for the same train than british purchased tickets. ie Paris-London-Paris return (was about £52 equiv starting price) and cheaper than London-Paris-London (around £59 starting price).

Various reason given including....The french dont want to go to the Uk in the same numbers as we want to go there (supply and demand pricing), the French arm of Eurostar is nationalised the British private (so profits to make), strength of the pound (or now weekness surely!!!), or just plain rip off britain!

I am told this is why Eurostar dont offer cheap 'single' airline type fares (only as part of a compulsary return) as it would blow this UK/FR annomally out of the water.........

Just not true any more. A return from Paris / Brussels to London is €80 at the cheapest and that translates to over £64. A return to Paris/Brussels from London/Ashford/Ebbsfleet costs £58 at the cheapest, if you are not using the Bluewater 2 for 1 offer. So DON'T buy in Euros, buy in sterling at the moment.
  • Vendee
    Vendee Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    h007 wrote: »
    i keep getting really high prices even though i used the 2 for £90 link and code!?!?!?

If there are are no "cheap seats" on the day of your choice, it will give you the higher prices. When you look at the promotions calander on the Eurostar site, pick the days which are showing as "high availability" i.e. the days highlighted in yellow.
  • ticketcollector
    Options
    I dont need these offers!
    We rail staff get tickets at £21 single (£42 rtn) to Paris/Brussels/
    Ex-Employee of a Train Operating Company.
    Ticket routing and rules expert.
    Been Penalty Fared on the Railway? PM me and Ill try to help you win your appeal.
    Been sent a summons on the Railway? PM me and Ill try to help you.
  • LynnPW
    LynnPW Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I dont need these offers!
    We rail staff get tickets at £21 single (£42 rtn) to Paris/Brussels/

Sorry, so you're here because. . ?:confused:
  • mark87652
    mark87652 Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know if this offer is likely to be on again soon?
  • mark87652
    mark87652 Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    mark87652 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this offer is likely to be on again soon?

For those that are interested Bluewater has a offer running until the end of July. Spend £10 at Bluewater, and you can can get a voucher (from the concierge desk) which gives you 2 returns for £90 on Eurostar.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure