We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Free chess sets for every school in England (merged)

245

Comments

  • Many thanks for this. I have passed on details to 3 schools. Hope they all manage to get some.
  • Cleosmum
    Cleosmum Posts: 2,673
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks, have filled out details for one school, will pass on details to the other.
  • HelenKA_2
    HelenKA_2 Posts: 234 Forumite
    Has anyone had any communication from this? Or even a chess set? I wasn't holding out a lot of hope of me getting one it has to be said but did you?
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Hi, I ordered this on the 6th April for a home education group. I have heard nothing, not even an "I am afraid that you do not qualify". I would have thought that in nearly 8 wks someone would have heard something?....anyone?
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,128
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    HelenKA wrote: »

    Only problem is I'm in Scotland :confused:

    quote]

    Pity it is 'England only' - we play chess in Wales too.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • InfamyInfamy
    InfamyInfamy Posts: 1,727 Forumite
    I have tried for sets for my E2E learners and a set to share as I am going to Home Ed soon!!
    :j
    Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!
    :hello:
  • lawlorlane
    lawlorlane Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    Not a teacher or anything but have requested for my son's school and given all thier details so hopefully they will hear something about it!
    Thanks to OP
  • Cinders2001
    Cinders2001 Posts: 1,470
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jumblejack wrote: »
    I've applied as we are home educators - You never know, we might just get some for the local home ed group, woohoo!

    Me too! Wonder if we will get one.
    They said they will be in touch.
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **
    ** Stay Safe **
  • *Sharon*_3
    *Sharon*_3 Posts: 166 Forumite
    Thanks, have told our school ;)
    ... Freebies Recived So Far ...
    Cow & Gate Cuddley Cow, Energy Saving Lightbulbs, Aptimil Polar Bear, Pack of Avery Labels, Dynamo Torch, Matterbox
    Boots Advantage Card Points - 1650, Quidco - £114.01(Paid £6.87 less £5.00 Admin Fee)
  • Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you, I've applied giving our schools details.
    Nevermind the dog, beware of the kids!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.