:rolleyes:
  • magyar
    magyar Posts: 18,909 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ronben wrote: »
    As said its not monthly, the best they can do is 6 Payments of £23.25

:rolleyes:

I simply don't understand what the problem is. The first six months are at £23.25, yes - but from then on it's around £11 a month. :confused:
    Says James, in my opinion, there's nothing in this world
    Beats a '52 Vincent and a red headed girl
  • mymatebob
    mymatebob Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Options
    mymatebob wrote: »
    So you cannot answer the question I see.

One does indeed have to pay a licence fee but you are not forced to read or listen to any BBC News therefore that which you said cannot be factual?

Did you chose not to respond to this Defiant or have I missed it?
  • OddjobKIA
    OddjobKIA Posts: 6,380 Forumite
    Options
    simply YES

I being a bloke like top gear, its worth it just for that and next F1 too so worth it
    THE SHABBY SHABBY FOUNDER
  • TNG
    TNG Posts: 6,930 Forumite
    Options
    OddjobKIA wrote: »
    simply YES

I being a bloke like top gear, its worth it just for that and next F1 too so worth it

were you just looking for a fight? :rotfl: :rotfl:
    :dance:There's a real buzz about the neighbourhood :dance:
  • Defiant_3
    Defiant_3 Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    OddjobKIA wrote: »
    simply YES

Yes that will be the same BBC that has been telling the public it's skint for the past 12 months and then pulls £200 million out of the bank like magic :rolleyes: The fact that no one else put a bid in for F1 meant nothing to them because they still offered them an extra £50 million but when you have the publics money at hand it doesn't seem to matter ;)
  • magyar
    magyar Posts: 18,909 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ronben wrote: »
    I know you dont understand, I asked if you could pay monthly, well you cant as how does £23.25 equal a monthly payment, thats two months payment in one month and no way am I paying upfront.

OK. Like the conversation with Defiant, no-one is going to actually explain it so I've gone and worked it out.

You have three choices in which to pay your licence fee

Annually (£139.50) which is due from Day 1
    Quarterly (£35) which is paid every three months from Day 1
    Monthly (£11) but you pay for your first TV licence over six months. From then on you pay £11 a month, i.e. you pay for licence 2 in advance for six months and then you pay in arrears for the next six months.

This seems fair to me, since all these methods include a degree of payment in advance (other than quarterly, but they charge a little more for this, so it's not the best way).

You're paying the same amount either way, but by paying monthly you do at least spread the payments.
    Says James, in my opinion, there's nothing in this world
    Beats a '52 Vincent and a red headed girl
  • mymatebob
    mymatebob Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Options
    Defiant wrote: »
    Are you simple ? I said you are forced to pay for it so in effect it is forced upon you. Not at all. Do you think this game is fooling anyone because you and the other BBC employee have kept asking the same questions over and over even though it's been answered countless times. What game? I asked for clarification - you have still not provided it. Why not. Can't admit that what you said was wrong?

Try keeping it on topic and then perhaps you can tell everyone why they should be forced to pay for TV shows you happen to like ?

BBC News is not forced upon me in anyway what so ever.

If it is forced upon you then I would complain to whoever is forcing it upon you. How much are you forced to endure?

Why is it that when anyone questions you then they become a BBC employee?

I don't know who works for who on this thread but I know I don't work for the BBC. I do think the licence fee is good value for money, like others on here, I know people who don't think it is.
  • exprog
    exprog Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    TNG wrote: »

btw - just so as we're clear. I haven't said I wouldn't post, I said that I wouldn't reply to [strike]deviant[/strike] defiant anymore ;)
    And naturally the world revolves around you.

Actually defiant you are right to say trolls should not be fed. It would be to act rather like the bbc - get unrepresentative extremist individuals and give them vast amounts of attention in an attempt to pretend they represent everyone else.

As we've seen, there has been no justification of this bbc theft from the majority. Only efforts from a handful to say how much good they have decided they are doing to us, with some exhulting at the majority being forced to pay for minority selfishness. Plus attempts to evade the point.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure