mobile to mobile

Options
Do the cheaper mobile to mobile call costs apply to 'pay and Go' mobiles? I have been reading with great interest the articles regarding cheaper mobile costs and note that only 'contract phones' are mentioned.

Comments

• Rex_Mundi
    Rex_Mundi Posts: 6,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got a PAYG mobile with O2. I rang them up recently and told them I was considering a contract with another company because I was topping up too much each month.

They offered me 500 minutes anytime any network for £23.50 a month. I've also got the deal that I get back 10% of any topups every 3 months. This works out at just over £21 a month. This deal is on PAYG, I just have to make sure that once a month I have £23.50 in credit. I'm not tied to a contract and can stop this deal anytime I like by not topping up. It is only the retentions department that can offer this deal. It is not one that they advertise.

I'm pretty happy with this deal for a PAYG phone.
    How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Fish
  • Blondie21_2
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. That sounds a good deal. Martin mentioned that mobile to mobile calls could be made cheaper by calling a certain number first. Does this apply to PAYG?
  • kai666
    kai666 Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    0844452005 will work, o844 numbers are more than the standard rate on most pay as you go and contract phones, and when you dial the mobile number you have to dial it as an international number i.e 00447 not 07...
  • Blondie21_2
    Options
    Thank you. Do you know off hand how much the calls will reduced to when I dial the number you suggest. I have got an 02 network PAYG mobile. Also I have a 'Fresh' PAYG (carphone warehouse network) Their rates are quite good for a mobile its 15p per minutes anytme any network and text messages are only 5p each.
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    kai666 wrote:
    0844452005 will work, o844 numbers are more than the standard rate on most pay as you go and contract phones, and when you dial the mobile number you have to dial it as an international number i.e 00447 not 07...

This 0844 service no longer works it has been replaced by an 0871 number 9p a min from a landline.

The cheapest tariff available from a payg mobile direct to another mobile is i Fresh or Easymobile 15p a min.
    To enable me to advise whether there is a cheaper indirect way are you on o2 payg normal or online,what tariff are you on.
    PF.
  • Blondie21_2
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. The 02 rate is 35p peak rate and 10p per minute off peak
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure