Orange phone bill

Options
Enji_Benji
Enji_Benji Posts: 122 Forumite
Hi,

I'm on the Orange Dolphin 35 plan, which should be £35 a month. That includes 500 free minutes. I signed up for the 18 month contract December 2007.

My phone bill this month was £76 - £64 inc tax (I did send about 30 international text messages also, but at 17p each, that's not the real problem).

The reason was because my total call duration time was 736 minutes, so I was 236 minutes over. However, on the website, they upgraded the service plan, which means my plan (Dolphin 35) got upgraded to 750 free minutes.

The terms and conditions on the Orange website are:

"Pay Monthly Animal Packages Terms and Conditions - March 2008
  1. These terms and conditions apply to new and existing customers connecting or upgrading to a Dolphin, Canary, Racoon or Panther “Animal Package” from 1st March 2008 to 31st July 2008.
  2. Connection is subject to status and a 12 month minimum term contract or longer minimum connection period as stated in your agreement with Orange"
So I feel I should have been allowed to get up to 750 free minutes this month, and I shouldn't have to pay for the 236 minutes I was 'over'.

Do I have an argument?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• lawbunny
    lawbunny Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    Hey,

I don't really understand why you thought you would have the extra minutes? You say it says on the website that the extra minutes were for new connecting customers or existing customer who upgrade...
    I accept no liability if you chose to rely on my advice.
  • Enji_Benji
    Options
    Sorry, I might have made it confusing.

It says on the website:

"These terms and conditions apply to new and existing customers connecting or upgrading to a Dolphin, Canary, Racoon or Panther “Animal Package” from 1st March 2008 to 31st July 2008."

I am an existing customer, and I don't need to have upgraded.

Right?
  • agsnu
    agsnu Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    Options
    Wrong.

New customers connecting
    Existing customers upgrading

Your price plan has not changed just because Orange have rejigged their tariffs.
  • Morty_007
    Morty_007 Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Options
    This means if you are an existing customer with a contract/PayG phone who upgrades (from another contract) or connects (from PayG) to one of the animal packages...not an existing animal package customer who uses thier phone to connect (to someone elses phone with the purpose of talking to) someone using their animal package.

"from 1st March 2008 to 31st July 2008." you signed up in December....
    Good Enough Club member number 27(2) AND I got me a stalkee!
    Closet debt free wannabe -[STRIKE] Last personal loan payment - July 2010[/STRIKE]:T, credit card balance about £3000 (and dropping FAST), [STRIKE]Last car payment September 2010 (August 2010 aparently!!)[/STRIKE]
    And a mortgage in a pear tree :D
  • Enji_Benji
    Options
    "from 1st March 2008 to 31st July 2008."

whoopsies, totaly missed out reading that.

Thanks for your help.

Excuse my poor English :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family