CPW cashback

Options
dwhl
dwhl Posts: 189 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi everyone,

I bought 2 Nokia 7600 with the network "3" on the 2.99 cashback deal in Feb 05 from the Carphone Warehouse. I subsequently ported my old telephone numbers from Vodafone and Orange across to these 2 new phones, although my first bill with "3" came with the new numbers (the ones provided with the phone)

I am due to claim my caskback now (6 months) and telephoned CPW to confirm all the details. They however, do not have any record of me porting my old telephone number to the current phone. They still recognise the phone with the old number.

Am I ok to send off for the chequeback by sending bills having both the old and new numbers and explaining that I ported them accross? The guy working for CPW on the end of the phone did not have a clue and said that I should "just send the bill in" - which one??

Thanks for the help

David

Comments

• Jimble
    Jimble Posts: 394 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you get two different bills then?
    Do you get bills from cpw or from the providers direct?
    I would be tempted to send the lot, that way there cant be any confusion.
    Best of Luck
  • dwhl
    dwhl Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there,

I get a bill for each phone and they come from "3" (not from CPW)

Do you think it would be reasonable to send the 6 month bill and also the bill predating the porting to confirm that it is of the same phone?

Cheers

David
  • mike_wall15
    Options
    Send your 6th bill and stick a postit note on with your old number. They should be able to confirm your details from the account number on the bill....

Don't worry about the guy not knowing (probably a new starter), they'll have dealt with loads of claims like yours!

:beer:
    ** Mobile Phones.... I'm here to help **
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family