Paypal seller protection..

Options
How many of you know that Paypal now offer FULL SP that includes unconfirmed addresses, to power sellers? :rolleyes: Isn't that just a kick in the teeth to all other sellers who have to run the risk of sending to u/c addys, or refunding and perhaps getting a neg.
I wouldn't even mind paying 50p or so per transaction to ensure full coverage on an amount of your choosing (over £50 etc.).
I think that ebay/paypal just want powersellers and junk clearers, with no-one in between.
I was a power seller last year but I've no wish to become one again - the fees were horrendous and it means 20% less profit at least, in my cats anyway - some sellers may be happy with making less than £10 on a £50 item, I'm certainly not.
"There is a light that never goes out"

Comments

• StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It ain't all bad being a powerseller, but it depends on your product range and business model. The fee changes have not really affected me, as my core products sell from Shop Format listings, and my 30 day DSR's put me down for a 25% FVF discount.

Combined with the extra protection I now have from Paypal, I'm alright jack... Until May of course. The Q&A vigilante's will be out in force negging for the sake of it!

To be fair though, I would have thought the OP's product range was niche enough to be able to work around a lot of the newer hurdles?
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • windswept
    windswept Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Options
    I must have missed the original thread!
    TBH, ebay no longer interests me that much - the website is doing very well and profits are much higher thanks to judicious use of adwords, £1.00 a day on adwords produces far more sales than £1 a day on ebay would.
    The only customer problems I've had, have been due to paypal - refunding £100 payments due to unconfirmed addresses does not sit well, especially with newbie buyers.
    My products are niche, but there are several big time sellers who have ridiculous prices that wouldn't even give a profit on some of my best sellers. .
    "There is a light that never goes out"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport