Extended Paypal Protection for PowerSellers available now

Options
Introducing an exclusive offer for eBay PowerSellers – free expanded seller protection for items sold on eBay. You’ll have the same coverage as with the Seller Protection Policy, and more.

What’s improved?

No more confirmed addresses. Your customers can choose any shipping address, which makes checkout easier.

No more coverage limit. The coverage limit under the Seller Protection Policy is $5,000 per year. Expanded seller protection has no annual limit.

Coverage in more places around the world. Coverage is now extended to 190 countries, so you can ship to buyers wherever they are.

What’s not covered?

- Local pickups or deliveries made in person.
- Virtual Terminal or Direct Payment transactions.
- Digital goods, services, or intangible items.

https://www.paypal.com/expandedsellerprotection

expsellerprotection.jpg
<--- Nothing to see here - move along --->

Comments

• frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Any word on the revised protection status for us mere mortals? ;)
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Options
    I see they've now added the extra requirements for Providing a signature confirmation that is viewable online if item is £150 or more which means that you can only send items worth more than £150 via Royal Mail or Parcelforce
    What are the eligibility guidelines?

Expanded seller protection offers improved coverage to eBay PowerSellers in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Hong Kong, Canada, and France.
    • Unauthorised paymentsTo be eligible for protection against chargebacks and reversals for unauthorised payments, please follow the terms, including:
      - Providing proof of postage
      - Post through a legitimate postal service
      - Post to the address on the transaction details page
    • Items not received To be eligible for protection against chargebacks and claims for items not received, please follow the terms, including:
      - Providing proof of delivery that is viewable online
      - Post through a legitimate postal service
      - Providing a signature confirmation that is viewable online if item is £150 or more
      - Post within seven days of receiving payment
    See the terms for complete details.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maybe with the volume powersellers send they can make their couriers offer this?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,261 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any word on the revised protection status for us mere mortals? ;)

You know my views on that :eek:

I'll just pack my bags now then ebay, shall I?

So for us mere mortals we have to remember that we will be paying more for the privilege of listing and selling, and also be disadvantaged when it comes to chargebacks.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Options
    eBay have finally announced it

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/200803271100512.html
  • Old-Woman_4
    Options
    Ebay are rolling out compulsory paypal for all listings except Motors.

(ie it has to be offered on all listings - other methods can still be used)
  • richto
    richto Posts: 821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Finally a decent policy for sellers on ebay:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/sell/UnauthorizedPaymentProtectionFAQs#definitions1

No more crap about confirmed delivery addresses - dont even have to care about a verified account!

I guess that's what competition from Google Checkout does!
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't shoot me, but its for PowerSellers only.
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I read this and thought great, what an improvement. However in reality it wont work for me.

Very few larger sellers keep a record of mail posted on an individual basis, apart from Recorded/Special/Courier of course. Most larger businesses use a business mailing procedure, in our case Packetpost. We simply weigh the total for say 1st class packets for the day and pay by number and average weight. We have a statement to show the number sent each day but not identified by each customer.

If we have a Royal Mail claim for loss, they simply accept our statement to show that we posted x amount of packets on a given day and if we say one hasnt arrived then they accept the statement as proof of postage. However Paypal will not.
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    Don't shoot me, but its for PowerSellers only.

Presumably its the larger sellers they dont want to lose to Amazon and Google checkout. Hopefully this will filter down to everyone at a later date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure