Options
2»

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,343 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kevinyork wrote: »
    Presumably its the larger sellers they dont want to lose to Amazon and Google checkout. Hopefully this will filter down to everyone at a later date.

I very much doubt it..the new CEO is on record saying that they want to encourage the larger powerseller now at the cost of the smaller 'hobby' sellers as we no longer fit the ebay model.

You are in grave danger about getting me to post my usual rant about how ebay don't want us smaller sellers anymore.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • richto
    richto Posts: 821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I believe the ship it to a confirmed address via an online trackable method and you are covered crap still applies to smaller sellers.

However as a powerseller 90% of my disputes with customers are that they didnt read the payment requirements on the listing to be at a minimum Paypal verified or to have a Confirmed Postal address for anything worth £50 or over. Especially international buyers.

That is far less of a problem as a small volume seller.

I estimate that this change will increase my succesfully completed transactions by 20%, and reduce my time spent processing payments and disputes by 50%!

eBay have probably realised that they stand to make far more in fees than they do in fraud losses.

No doubt there are street parties being held in Romania, Nigeria and Bradford as we speak...
  • Creosote
    Creosote Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    No extra protection for small time sellers? No feedback (other than positive) can be left for buyers? Buyers have to pay more as a result of shill bidders and hidden buyer ids? Compulsary paypal on all eBay listings?
    This is such a wonderful plan for ebay that everyone will welcome it with open arms... </sarcasm>
  • richto
    Options
    Actually they are trying to soften the blow as much as possible. Pretty much every neg I get it from a non paying bidder that I negged or gave an unpaid item strike to:

Removing negative or neutral Feedback left by a buyer who fails to respond to a UPI
    We are building in more flexibility for what happens when a buyer responds to an Unpaid Item dispute (UPI). From May, we will retroactively remove negative or neutral feedback left by buyers who do not respond to the UPI process, or respond but do not specifically call out poor seller performance, item condition or transaction problems.

However this sounds like a loophole! Every neg you get, just raise an unpaid item, and hope they just say I already paid for it, and close it to give them a strike. This seem to then meet the removal requirements above...
  • frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Here's what I would LIKE to see:

We are building in more flexibility for what happens when a buyer responds to an Unpaid Item dispute (UPI). From May, we will retroactively remove negative or neutral feedback left by buyers who DO NOT PAY.
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • richto
    Options
    Quite - ebay also have a really annoying habit of removing the strikes from buyers that did not read the payment requirements on the listing when they appeal the strike.

The main thing for me still broken is that Ebay / Paypal list the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man as part of the UK when they are not, and dont provide an option for listing surcharges for offshore locations like Northern Ireland, or options for European locations that are substantial extra cost such as ANDORRA, GREECE, CYPRUS, NORWAY, MALTA, GIBRALTAR, SWITZERLAND, EASTERN EUROPE, etc.

Surely its not that hard to provide an advanced page with load of tick boxes?

Or failing that a 'This seller charges extra for certain locations - check listing for details' option.

They need to cover:

Albania · Andorra · Armenia · Austria · Azerbaijan · Belarus · Belgium · Bosnia and Herzegovina · Bulgaria · Croatia · Cyprus · Czech Republic · Denmark · Estonia · Finland · France · Georgia · Germany · Greece · Hungary · Iceland · Ireland · Italy · Kazakhstan · Latvia · Liechtenstein · Lithuania · Luxembourg · Macedonia · Malta · Moldova · Monaco · Montenegro · Netherlands · Norway · Poland · Portugal · Romania · Russia · San Marino · Serbia · Slovakia · Slovenia · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland · Turkey · Ukraine · Vatican City

and ideally:

Azores · Canary Islands · Ceuta · Corsica · Faroe Islands · Gibraltar · Greenland · Guernsey · Jersey · Madeira · Man, Isle of · Melilla · Sardinia · Sicily · Kosovo · Northern Cyprus

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure