debt free date - aim

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    A long long way away.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    i am working REALLY hard to get it all paid off by June 2008.:j

(but to be honest i've had a bed month as i had to get new glasses and the fence fell down to which my kandlord replied So? so it might have to be July:rolleyes:)

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    March 2010 for loans and credit cards - can't move this any due to the loans but would love to bring the cards forward.
    DMP is due to finish 2020 I think
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Hopefully before October 2010.
    £2 coin/ £46
  • xredwebx
    xredwebx Posts: 156 Forumite
    DFD is April 2009, cant wait!! 13 more payments to go!!!
    :D Sealed Pot:member 254 :D
    :heartpuls 1st Time Mummy - Erin is 3 weeks and 1 day old! :heartpuls
  • Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    :wave: We-ell...

We've just got the one nasty "PPI front loaded at the beginning" :doh: loan for £16k which we still owe about £19k on (go figure?! :confused: :mad: )

I'm aiming for December 2008 (cos I like a challenge!) and we've asked them for a settlement figure cos I think a short term loan and separate PPI would be a better idea for the last leg - but they can't seem to work it out properly :rolleyes: and keep giving us stupidly high figures which I'm disputing. (I'm only happy when I've got an @r$e to kick! :D )

However, the Snowball calculator is still telling me May 2009. (It was March, but we had a new car / house maintenance / family hiccup.)

I can't think that far ahead anyway. I tend to think of getting it down to the next £5k by such and such a date and let the long term goal take care of itself.

And I try to only check the exact total every few months because otherwise I'd make myself demented - especially when we were staring down the barrel of £96700! (It's like dieting - if you weigh yourself too often you go crazy cos it's not shifting fast enough. :D )

So I'm here for a good wee while yet then!

Love Jacks xxx :D
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • savvykaz
    savvykaz Posts: 890 Forumite
    HI,

October 2010 for credit card debt,

then hope to save to repay secured loan sooner than 2014,

then mortgage hopefully sooner than 2021!!!!
    DMP starts June 2012, £38,180.

Balance June 2015 £26,046 (paid off 32%)

DMP mutual support thread no 434
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Hi Everyone.

Jan 2011 for us presuming all goes to plan. To be honest I would like it sooner but circumstances mean that is looking unlikley unless i win my PPi challenges.
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • Cleosmum
    Cleosmum Posts: 2,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    According to my saved snowball my DFD is August 2009, but I am hoping it will be sooner, will do all I can to get it done and dusted this year.
  • ElleWoods
    ElleWoods Posts: 421 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    For me it's Dec 2011, although I'm hoping that some months I'll be able to overpay my CC's so it may be sooner.

CC
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport