"Thevinternet's still in debt" diary

Options

Comments

• thevinternet
    Options
    Another craptastic day where I have been feeling blue - I am also having trouble sleeping now, which I get every few months or so. I think the nights pulling in doesn't help - I am really not a winter person, I hate it. It was dark by 7.30 here tonight :(

On top of that, the OH's mother is coming round tomorrow, and the place looks like a bombsite, plus I got my CC bill today and now have to pull £161 out of my !!! (ie out of nowhere!) by 10th October. :mad:

On the plus side (and yes, I am trying to force myself to be more positive!) it was a NSD - in fact I even found a penny in the street :D - and I managed a second run so that's something at least. Oh also did my PAD for Barclaycard, which means at least that small bill is sorted for next month.
  • thevinternet
    Options
    Ah, I am much cheerier today. I'm still plugging away at this diary, since I think it helps keep me on track. :)

I had a lovely visit today from my OH's mother, she is a lovely woman. We had a great natter and she even bought me flowers and cakes - the sort of things I can't afford to buy at the moment, so it was a surprise treat for thevinternet. :D There was no special occasion, which made it even more unexpected and charming.

Not a NSD today, but spent less than a tenner. I need milk and petrol tomorrow though, so it definitely won't be a NSD tomorrow either :mad:. Put my £2.00 PAD today towards the big CC bill that is looming...so just £159 to find now _pale_ oh well, I'll find it somehow, but it looks as though I might end up going over my overdraft limit again, something I'm desperately trying to avoid because of the extra charges.

Looks like the economy is going up the kibosh too - fingers crossed that my OH keeps his job. Looks ok so far but you never know in these crazy times!
  • thevinternet
    thevinternet Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    edited 25 September 2011 at 3:02AM
    Options
    Time for a quick weekend update. Worked tonight, so got a bit of cash in my pocket...although it's already all accounted for ahead of time! :(
    Was speaking to a very well-off friend tonight about having no money/needing more work, and she had absolutely not a kind word to say whatsoever. :( Some people show no empathy or understanding.

Made a PAD yesterday and will make one today, so now have £155 to find for that CC bill.

I've completed week 1 of the "Couch to 5k" programme, so onto week 2 tomorrow.

The OH comes back in a couple of days, so I'll need to be getting on with housework tomorrow. Comping has dropped off the last couple of days, so I could do with doing a big catchup really.

No other news to report...I'd say my mood is about 6/10 at the moment.
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    Options
    Hi i hope you dont mind me chipping in. Your situation is the same as mine was last year always wondering where i was going to find the money to pay cc. In the end i went to cccs now i am not saying you should do this only to say that it changed my life. Ok my credit limit is shot but usually when you owe a large anmount you cant get more anyway that was my thinking anyway. All i am trying to say is that if it has crossed your mind dont be scared it can be posotive. Hope this makes sence x All the best and good luck xx
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Glad you're feeling a bit more upbeat. All I can say is it can be done, it's staying out of the mire that I've found the real challenge. Taking it slowly doesn't work well for most people, you're better to knuckle down, get it cleared, then get on with your life.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • thevinternet
    Options
    Hi i hope you dont mind me chipping in. Your situation is the same as mine was last year always wondering where i was going to find the money to pay cc. In the end i went to cccs now i am not saying you should do this only to say that it changed my life. Ok my credit limit is shot but usually when you owe a large anmount you cant get more anyway that was my thinking anyway. All i am trying to say is that if it has crossed your mind dont be scared it can be posotive. Hope this makes sence x All the best and good luck xx

Hiya, of course I don't mind you chipping in; the more the merrier. :) Personally I am hoping not to be in this situation much longer...I have lots of shifts (I waitress part-time) coming up in Nov and Dec, so it's just getting through the next month that will be the tricky part. Furthermore I am applying for full-time work so fingers crossed that something else comes up soon.

On a completely off-topic whinge, my boss is driving me frickin nuts at the moment. She is one of those people who gives you a job to do in a very non-specific way....you ask for more direction and get 'Oh, I don't know...', then when she sees your work she spazzes out and makes you do it all again 'her' way. :mad: Even worse, she thinks she is ALWAYS right and won't ever accept that she might have been wrong about anything, I don't think I've ever heard her apologise for being wrong in the 3 years I've been working there. I wouldn't mind but she'll tell you your idea is crap, then 6 months later will implement the idea and claim that she thought of it. Drives me batty.

It's only a small restaurant so I have to work really closely with her. I wish I could tell her to get stuffed, but I need the cash, that place tips well. Also she tells endless stories about her past, that always end with her having had the upper hand/last laugh in some way. Urgh, she's awful.
  • thevinternet
    Options
    Ok. I'm trying to meet my monthly loan payments without going over my overdraft limit and getting charged. So far it looks like I'll just about do it :) literally with pennies to spare - I even emptied the odd pennies from my online savings accounts - there were four, with 4p, 7p, 4p and 3p in them! I am working this weekend so I will be sure to put any tips straight in the bank as well.

Once I get through the end of this month, I will feel better. It always feels good to see my loan amounts coming down, especially since one of them is under the £500 mark now. It should be done by Feb, which will give me another £80 each month to chuck at credit cards instead. Also December is always a good month in the restaurant - lots of private party bookings - which don't tip well, but I usually get lots of extra shifts so my basic wage goes up.

However, still got the not inconsiderable matter of the £150 I still need to find by the 10th Oct for the credit card payment. I hope I don't miss it and get charged, but so far it's not looking good, tbh. :( Let's see how we go.
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Anything to ebay? If you could list today the money would arrive in time.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • thevinternet
    Options
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    Anything to ebay? If you could list today the money would arrive in time.

Hey Dinah, sorry for the late reply; not been feeling very well the last few days, but I'm over my stomach bug now.

I have had a look for some stuff to ebay - there's not much left that would sell tbh, but I have found some old leads and two wigs from two fancy dress costumes that I wore a few years back. I also have some books, but the last time I tried to sell those on ebay, none of them went - it's hard to compete with Amazon these days.

I am having another blue day but I think that's the lack of full-time jobs round here that's getting me down. I have spent the last 4 years training, I knew it would be a wait for a job with the economy in it's present state, but I was hoping to at least have had some interviews by now. Boo. :(

Ah well - my brother has kindly offered to take me out on Thurs as a treat to cheer me up - so I have that to look forward to. :)

Plus on the moneysaving front, got a quidco payment of £7 through yesterday, and a years free virus software deal with my bank. :T I am often on 'dodgy' websites so at least this will keep my laptop working!! :D
  • thevinternet
    Options
    So....I am only £25 short for the CC bill in the end. Not so bad...much better than I thought it would be thanks to an unexpected shift at work last night and lots of good tips....ah, lovely lovely customers! I must admit I worked my bum off though!

So, I will still undoubtedly get charged by the CC company, but as I mentioned on another thread, it's either a £12 charge from them, or I go over my overdraft limit to cover the CC bill, and I get a £22 charge from the bank. Oy vey! No wonder I am in such trouble. Ah well - each month the overall debt creeps down a little bit, and that's what I have to focus on. I'm getting beyond the 'banging my head against a wall' self-flagellation stage...I know it's all my own fault but I feel you have to move on and focus on fixing your problems.

I have another CC bill coming up around the 21st, it's £100 but I'm confident I'll make that ok.

Hope everyone is good out there in diaryland! xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport