T Mobile end of contract

Options
JGF
JGF Posts: 54 Forumite
I pay £30 for 300mins (no text) at the moment but spend about £60 to £100 on the bill as I always go over the inclusive minutes.

Having read the threads about reducing the cost of my mobile, i tried to persuade T-mobile to give me a deal like the 3G (750talk and 150text) for £40 a month as my contact is up this month.

I explained that I have high useage and wanted a deal with more inclusive minutes

After going thorough the hoops I finaly spoke with the cancellation dept and was advised that 3G have deals that T Mobile wouldn't consider

The best "offer" they could do was to give me 200 minutes for £20 and no texts this "deal" was a 12 month contract and involved keeping the old phone!

Not what I had hoped for reading the sucess others have had with their supplier.

Has anyone had any joy with T-Mobile when it comes to renewal time?

Any suggestions or Contacts who have helped you would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Comments

• jf2404
    jf2404 Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    The best way is to goto their cancellation department saying "i have been offered this many minutes and this amount of texts with 3 and this free phone, can you see if you can offer me anything similar or beat it, if not , can i have my pac code as i'm leaving you".

It's best to put them on the spot, either you match this or i'm going kind of thing.

If they still don't budge then get your pac code which means you keep your number, then you can move to 3, get more minutes and texts and a new phone, so you lose nothing.

Good luck.
  • naj131
    naj131 Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HI

been with t mobile 7 years, been over 12 months since last upgrade.

Wanted the V3, but all they would do was offer my 290 minutes for £29 plus the phone - already paying £30 for the 290 minutes, so not much of an improvement there.

Ended up asking for my PAC which they gave there and then, and will be looking for a decent v3 offer soon
  • STEVIEG_4
    Options
    Hi

Just my 2 pence, but I was with T-Mobile for years until recently. They didn't really offer any incentive for me to stay (monthly spend was about £100 per month) got my PAC number and moved to another network, got a much better deal.
  • JGF
    JGF Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys, looks like pac code and 3G time
  • Tony_H_3
    Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    T-Mobile actually have some very good 18 month (12 months half price / 6 months full price) at the moment Click Here all come with a choice of free handsets and inclusive TXT's etc.

One question from me though, can you use a PAC code if you take out a new contract with the same supplier? Runs off to check their T&C's regarding this!
  • fayraz
    fayraz Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was with T-Mobile was a few years and they never offer you any incentives or discounts on your current contract to stay.
  • pennymakespounds
    Options
    i'd been on the forward cellular brilliant offer on t mobile 290 mins + 50 texts from last year ... they'd only offer me £5 month off the 200 min + no texts tariff and a poor upgrade phone to re-new for next 12 months .. .. so in process of moving to onestopphonehop deal voda 350 mins 8 months &£5.99 and k750i instantly sold on ebay for £185 net. so the whole year will cost me nothing.

unfortunately becoming victim to notorious poor customer service from onestop.. difficult to get through to.... 4 differrent days 4 differrent staff given me probably 5 differrent stories !! .. porting for last week didnt happen .. no-one knows why... re-programmed to happen next week.

Lets hope ...
  • loobs40
    loobs40 Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tony_H wrote:

One question from me though, can you use a PAC code if you take out a new contract with the same supplier? Runs off to check their T&C's regarding this!

Not sure if this is technically possible, but you could get your PAC code from T-Mobile, move to another a different company but on a Pay as You Go tariff, or some other no contract tariff, then get a PAC code from that company and move back to T-mobile as a brand new customer (and therefore entitled to all the new customer deals.

This way you ensure that you keep your old number
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport