🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

To Florida With Virgin

Options
Hi Guys
I am looking to book a holday for next summer to florida . Theres only me and my girlfreind going . We would like to fly with virgin if possible because we have heard it is a very comfortable flight . We arent really fussed where we stay as long as it is in a good location . Has anyone got any good links for package deals or anyone know where we can book virgin flights at the best price .

Thanks In Advance

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Have you looked at Virgin holidays web site?
    Not saying its the cheapest but all the information for you to make an informed choice is there.

Eric
  • the_hall_2
    Options
    thanks for the reply.
    I have been on the virgin website but thought they were overpriced . Thats why I was askin where would be the best place to book . And whether anyone would think I could get a better deal from somewhere like expedia booking flights seperate . Or would that work out more ?

thanks again
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Does it have to be the summer?
    We went Feb this year to Orlando staying on International Drive with Virgin. Total cost for 2 adults and 2 kids was £1650 (room only).
    We further saved by buying Disney Tickets over there in dollars when the pound was quite high (nearly $2 to £).
    I think flight prices in summer will always be high because of the demand. Airlines have no need to discount much.
    Eric
  • mpet
    mpet Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Try and avoid school holidays and you will get a much better price. Saying that the weather is pretty good all year round, so you may want to avoid the summer altogether) I know it is stating the obvious avoiding our school holidays, but if you want to avoid the crowds also check the US holidays. September is usually quiet and the prices a lot cheaper.

If you've got your heart set on Virgin, you will be very lucky to get a really cheap deal. The best price I've seen so far for a fly-drive during summer next year is http://www.kenwoodtravel.com/ . If you can wait until the fligth only prices are released (I think about 330 days in advance) you may be able to book flight only, then add on car, hotel etc for a cheaper holiday
  • sad_gills_fan
    Options
    The bonus about flying with Virgin is that they fly into Orlando International instead of Sanford which is over an hours drive away from the resorts.

We stayed at Quality Inn International which is a Virgin Flagship hotel .. it was great and if you plan it properly you don't need a car.

To get up and down I-Drive, there is a shuttle bus .. all the way to Wet n Wild one way or Sea World the other. For Disney parks, get the shuttle (up I-Drive) to the stop before Sea World and you can pick up another bus to Disney. Failing that, get the hotel shuttle bus for a few dollars each.

Parking at the parks is approx $8 a day and it takes you 14 hours to find your car afterwards !! I may have exaggerated there.

The hotel has 2 swimming pools and the buffet breakfast is great .. as much as you can stuff in before going on them rides .. MMmmm, nice.

Don't miss Spiderman and The Hulk, both in Islands of Adventure .. best rides IMHO. Have a good trip .. I'm off there again in March, can't wait.
    Ken Livingstone is my mother
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    the_hall wrote:
    Hi Guys
    I am looking to book a holday for next summer to florida . Theres only me and my girlfreind going . We would like to fly with virgin if possible because we have heard it is a very comfortable flight . We arent really fussed where we stay as long as it is in a good location . Has anyone got any good links for package deals or anyone know where we can book virgin flights at the best price .

Thanks In Advance

Are you flying to Orlando Florida (theme parks) or Florida in general (Miami, Key West etc??)

'Cos if it's BOTH then look at the 'sticky' thread at the top of this forum:confused:
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    the_hall wrote:
    Hi Guys

Thanks In Advance

I've flown with Virgin Atlantic many times and they're my favourite airline.

Their staff have a sense of fun and good humour and give good service. I like the choice of meals, wide selection of films and entertainment, ice cream with the film and the toiletry/goodie bag with socks, toothbrush/paste, eye mask, ear plugs etc.

Is anyone (or is it just me?:o) willing to admit that they do a spot of mine sweeping as they leave the plane and pick up a couple of discarded passenger goodie bags.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Amie_007
    Amie_007 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with Nile. We flew to New York with Virgin in February and we really could not fault them at all. They are now our favourite airline, and we would be willing to pay a little bit extra to fly with them, on a long haul flight, as it really was worthwhile.

Thei in flight entertainment is brilliant - there is so much choice - take your pick from 50 movies! Theres radio, movies, comedy shows, games, you name if they have it. you can even challenge fellow passengers to a "mastermind" type game, which was fun. The free pack that they give out with a load of goodies also come in useful, I use my eye mask, for the early mornings when the sun is streaming through the windows and I wanna lie in, so they have come in handy! All the drinks and munchies are also free which was well received.

And yes, nile, as I left, I also grabbed an extra couple of goodie bags to take home with me!!! Glad it's not just me that does that.
    I say what I like, I like what I say!
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    I just love the jazzy coloured socks that they give away on the flights. I wear them all the time because they don't 'cut' into my legs as normal socks tend to do.
    Worth the price of a flight just to get them!!
    Eric
  • AFCChris
    Options
    You won't be dissapointed with Virgin. They really know what they are doing and put the customer first. I guarantee you that even the hotels they have at the bottom of the price range are all good and enough for a holiday when you are out and about all the time.

For another place to hear Brits talking about Orlando (including Virgin) go to http://www.thedibb.co.uk. It's also good for theme park ticket tips as well. On this site there have been some bad reviews of Travelcitydirect.com and Virgin generally gets good reviews
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport