AOL problems...get 2 months free

I just vented at an AOL billing perosn regarding the poor service of late. He then said I could have 2 months free. It was quite easy and it seems they are giving that offer away freely if you complain. Just a heads up to everyone experiencing the problems. It doesn't fix the problem but It made me feel a little happier.

Comments

• DatabaseError
    DatabaseError Posts: 4,161 Forumite
    so you get 2 months of poor service for nothing? crikey that's ....... (fill in the missing word)
    :)
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • sinbin_72
    sinbin_72 Posts: 191 Forumite
    Yes, indeed. You get 2 months completely free of uninterrupted poor service.
  • snails's_pace
    snails's_pace Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    sinbin_72 wrote: »
    Yes, indeed. You get 2 months completely free of uninterrupted poor service.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

i know the feeling, im with @$$h0le$ on line too
    Bring back mark and lard NOW! or else (please) clique member no. 10 :j

"When a woman steals your man,there is no better revenge than to let her keep him"

I maybe blonde, have many moments and have big bazookas but my brain is in gear
  • Sylvester
    Sylvester Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I know they have a fair usage policy that has been 6pm-10pm and lately 5pm-9pm, but my download speeds have been capped since I started trying at 11am, so they are really annoying me this morning :(

I'll just phone and complain for the hell of it anyway, although i've hardly ever got anyone who understands me or me understand them anyway, so it's likely a waste of a phone charge :(
  • Sylvester wrote: »

I'll just phone and complain for the hell of it anyway, although i've hardly ever got anyone who understands me or me understand them anyway, so it's likely a waste of a phone charge :(

Dosnt it cost you money to ring them ?
  • DatabaseError
    DatabaseError Posts: 4,161 Forumite
    Dosnt it cost you money to ring them ?

i thought that was the business model: give away a free computer/console/toaster etc.., provide a [self censored] poor service, provide 'english as a 3rd or 4th language' CS, rack up the phone charges to cover the costs (punters are stuck with 18 month to 3 year contracts, so lots of time to recoup the costs)
    near the end of the contract, offer another 'free' gift in return for [STRIKE]soul[/STRIKE] new long contract

:A
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure