Anyone had experience with holiday genie.com

My mother bought tickets from holidaygenie.com but I've never heard of them and its gotten to the point where we're a bit worried if its a legitimate site.

Has anyone booked with them before so I can put my mind at rest.

Thanks

Replies

• pennylane99pennylane99 Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi

I havent used them myself, but looking at their website, they have ABTA and ATOL licences, if you click on the logos, it says licence is up to date
  • Problem solved.

Thanks
  • Having just tried to book flights through holiday genie, I would advise anybody to steer well clear.
    After completing the transaction, and taking credit card details, they then informed me the flight reservation had failed ... and the price had more than doubled!!!
    Surprisingly, though the original flight price was no longer available according to their customer services department, they were still advertising it on the website.
    Be warned!!
  • i have had a bad experience, call it a third sense, but if anyone is thinking of booking with these people, dont.
    Was going to book flights to Orlando, checked this forum and decided not to. Yesterday the fella rang me back from HolidayGenie, was rude, then hung up on me once i told him i had booked elsewhere, well dodgy.
  • smokey22_2smokey22_2 Forumite
    22 Posts
    hi i have just booked with them myself to go to thialand had my confirmation email within 30 mins of booking with them and i am just awaiting my tickets to be honest i am a little aprehensive as never used them before just hoping now they arrive.
  • Hi smokey22
    Can you please let me know how long have you waited for your ticket being emailed to you?

I have purchased 3 tickets from them on last Friday and got the confirmation letter as well. But I haven't received my tickets. I called airline company and they said they have my reservation but the travel agent hasn't requested tickets and cleared payment with them. I also phoned holiday genie for tickets to be sent but they keep saying it will take couple of days to process.

Don't know what to do now as I have paid more than 1000 pounds to them. :(
    smokey22 wrote: »
    hi i have just booked with them myself to go to thialand had my confirmation email within 30 mins of booking with them and i am just awaiting my tickets to be honest i am a little aprehensive as never used them before just hoping now they arrive.
  • It is now one week later...how did you get on?
  • Hi everyone,
    My family and I have just come back from 6 days in Vegas after booking with holiday Genie. Firstly i booked without checking their background which isn't a very clever thing to do!!! and when i did i was horrified at the negative feedback this company was receiving. From booking last Nov '09 to going fri 12th Mar 10 i have been on tender hooks waiting for the phone call to say what was going to go wrong.

Now how wrong could I have been. This company did everything they said they would, they were extremley cheap, and most helpful to us. All I can say is that I would be more than happy to recommend them them to anyone. It has been a delight to go with them.
    Just to say that all companies have lots of negative feedback and not alot of positive. Just out of interest I looked at the major companies feedback ie Thomas Cook, Virgin etc etc and these companies had alot of negative feedback too that would make you feel concerned so dont worry go ahead and book i did and saved a fortune!!
  • Oh by the way, we didn't receive our E Tickets until about 10 days before we went. So dont worry too much if they dont arrive straight away!!
  • GemJar_2GemJar_2 Forumite
    692 Posts
    Hi everyone,
    My family and I have just come back from 6 days in Vegas after booking with holiday Genie. Firstly i booked without checking their background which isn't a very clever thing to do!!! and when i did i was horrified at the negative feedback this company was receiving. From booking last Nov '09 to going fri 12th Mar 10 i have been on tender hooks waiting for the phone call to say what was going to go wrong.

Now how wrong could I have been. This company did everything they said they would, they were extremley cheap, and most helpful to us. All I can say is that I would be more than happy to recommend them them to anyone. It has been a delight to go with them.
    Just to say that all companies have lots of negative feedback and not alot of positive. Just out of interest I looked at the major companies feedback ie Thomas Cook, Virgin etc etc and these companies had alot of negative feedback too that would make you feel concerned so dont worry go ahead and book i did and saved a fortune!!

Do they pay well at HolidayGenie? :A
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals