We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Change Nokia 3310 for camera phone

Options
Hi there

At the moment i have a Nokia 3310 mobile, I love it to bits and it's so easy to use that I feel I never want to get rid of it, but I do want a camera Phone and also I would like to keep the same mobile number as I have a lot of people through work that have to contact me. Is there a phone I can buy that will allow me to do just that? I'm also looking for the cheapest one of course
became debt free December 06

Comments

• make_life_easier
    Options
    whoops I thought I was starting a new thread but have forgotten how to????
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have split the thread, so now you have a new thread :D
  • make_life_easier
    Options
    thanks for that,as you can see I'm pretty new to all this :p
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    most Nokia mobiles can be "Unlocked" to work on any network for free, others like the Motorola's + Sony Ericsons can be unlocked in a shop for about £10....

if you get a phone on the same network then the sim card will go straight in the new phone without unlocking it, just make sure you save all your phone numbers to the sim card and everything is there when you turn on the new phone :)
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    To try and answer your question now, if you want to keep your number can you tell us what supplier you are with. Alternatively if you need to change supplier you are probably best sticking with a Nokia phone for ease of unlocking.

Just this week I got a Nokia with camera phone through the 02 site, refurbished but excellent condition for £30. Don't think they are any longer in stock but best to keep an eye on the 02 site via the student discount.

There is a thread here regarding another Nokia from 02 and you will find the link in that to the student discount, then go to the drop down menu and check out the refurbished phones.

HTH
  • make_life_easier
    Options
    My network is O2 the same as yours Edinburghlass, I will have a look at the website and have a look , thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family