We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Phone/camera pics to computer

Options
Being a new owner of a sony ericsson k750i, I am slowly getting to grips with its features. I'm particularly pleased with experimental macro's of insects on flowers and would like to see them on the computer.

In a perfect world I would have downloaded the software that came with the camera, however my machine is only windows '98 and seemingly that aint good enough. So this means the cable supplied (from camera/phone to usb) cannot be used.

I then thought I'd send it to myself via email. Wrong, for some reason I can't do that.

The camera phone has bluetooth, but not the comp.

So guys, what do you suggest, customer services or an orange shop?

Comments

• hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    Upgrade your operating system or your computer - All the bluetooth adaptors appear to be USB so it looks as though your phone may cost you more than you thought:eek:
  • Dronegc_2
    Dronegc_2 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Get yourself a USB Bluetooth Dongle. I bought mine for £17 from Ebuyer and its brilliant. It works perfectly with my Motorola v547 and I've both sent photos to my PC and sent graphics, ringtones and Java games from the PC to my phone.

The make of the Dongle was Safecom. You MIGHT need to upgrade your OS as hollie.weimeraner suggested, but I'd check first. There might be a patch for running USB BT dongles on '98.

Hope this helps.
    Boo!
  • fazz
    fazz Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    I'm surprised that there is no USB port, even on my antique Win 98 machine I had one! Seems like a trip to PC World would be the answer :(
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh yes, I have USB ports, and in use, ie camera,broadband etc. Am I to understand that if i connect the phone/camera to the lead supplied and then insert the usb end into the computer, all should be well ?. I was under the impression that I needed the software supplied with the camera/phone to be installed before that would work ?.

I appreciate this may cause a few raised eyebrows, "how could anyone be so dumb?", but my guess is that someone somewhere is learning from this as we speak.
  • System
    Options
    and as for a "dongle", what on earth is that?
  • System
    Options
    Don't know how or why, but I am now sending pics to computer. I can only assume I was hitting keys incorrectly.
  • fazz
    fazz Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent!!

(a dongle is a term for a USB pluggy-in-thingy, could be removable memory, or bluetooth connection)
  • System
    Options
    Great, seemingly all is now well. I haven't tried using the cable yet, I'm repeating the procedure and making notes so that I don't forget. Speaking of memory, I have a memory stick as well, dare I say it, but what's that for ?
  • mig25_foxbat2003
    Options
    Put the Memory Stick Duo in the appropriate port in the phone, and you'll have more space in which to store all of your lovely new photos.

I'm getting a K750 sometime next week... can't wait (altho I really wanted a W800i but for some reason Orange disconnections didn't have them...?) But the camera on the K750 really is awesome, better than I ever thought would be possible in a phone.
    "It is dangerous to be right when those in power are wrong" - Voltaire
  • System
    Options
    orange told be the k700i was no longer available, my daughter has one which wetted my appetite, hence the k750i. incidently I been getting some wicked pics & video's from africa in return for BB updates.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport