We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Please Help - need cheapest Mobile option ASAP

Options
Sorry - I raised this in another post, but need a quick answer if poss so afterthought it might be better to raise a new post....please bear with me!

I am dim when it comes to mobiles!!!!

Am looking for the cheapest possible option to get my own mobile no' due to imminent loss of co' phone - mainly I need it as job-hunting so need a mobile no' to put on CV so prospective employers can contact me! (I Hope!!!!)

I Don't use mobi much apart from current work (which will obviously end!) - mainly just a few texts and the odd call to B/F (who is on O2 - his co' phone)

B/F has an old Nokia phone which is usable on Orange - I know it can be unlocked, but this may cost, or be complicated to do myself (as I said I am dim about these things!)

Another thread mentions Orange Just Talk simcards for 59p.
Does anyone know if there is any sort of connection fee, or if they need to be topped up with a certain amount every month?

Any advice very welcome!

Cheers guys!!

FE
The best advice you can give your children: "Take responsibility for your own actions...and always Read the Small Print!"
..."Mind yer a*se on the step!"
TTC with FI - RIP my 2 MC Angels - 3rd full ICSI starts May/June 2009 - BFP!!! Please let it be 'third time lucky'..... EDD 7th March 2010.

Comments

• Wasted_User
    Options
    If hes on O2 prob best to get a pay as you go o2 sim card, u can get them free now and then from o2, or for 99 pence inc delivery from https://www.o2.co.uk/nus/ (click sim only, and its listed near the bottom)

with this, no activation fee, works when put in phone, if you top up by £10 each month you can get either 300 free texts, or 100 free anytime mins, and 100 free texts, as well as the £10 credit.

Hope thats of some use

PS for the unlocking, its ususally pretty easy with nokias and im sure there would be some people here willing to help you :)
  • FairyElephant_2
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Wasted.

I was tempted by the Orange as we can carry on using the 2-4-1 cinema tickets then (I have orange at work at the mo, and we've used the offer quite a lot).

I've just taken the plunge at https://www.buymobilephones.net and ordered an Orange PAYG SIM for 59p and an O2 one for 69p. When they come I'll scan the details and see which to go for!

Cheers,

FE
    The best advice you can give your children: "Take responsibility for your own actions...and always Read the Small Print!"
    ..."Mind yer a*se on the step!"
    TTC with FI - RIP my 2 MC Angels - 3rd full ICSI starts May/June 2009 - BFP!!! Please let it be 'third time lucky'..... EDD 7th March 2010.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport