We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Don't think I can cope any more

2

Comments

  • jono_1uk
    jono_1uk Posts: 160 Forumite
    mmmm this has got me worried now ....
    i was told that mine had been agreed in principle....
    what do we do if co-op refuse ?
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    try not to worry about something thats not even happened yet.....if they've said its on in principle you should be ok
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • jono_1uk
    jono_1uk Posts: 160 Forumite
    cheers phil

    born worrier me ...
  • gambit_2
    gambit_2 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Jono when did you apply for yours?
  • jono_1uk
    jono_1uk Posts: 160 Forumite
    i applied for mine yesterday...
    did you ring up or go in person ?
    and did you take loads of I.D ?
    the girl was impressed that i had lots with me to prove i was who i said i was ..
  • gambit_2
    gambit_2 Posts: 69 Forumite
    I rang on the tuesday, took my ID in on the Wednesday. I took my passport, council tax bill, and also my divorce papers as I have reverted to my maiden name.

    I can't bloody well believe it, all I want to do is bank my wages. I really can't see what the problem might be.
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    i'm taking a stab in the dark here....might be something to do with you reverting back to your maiden name? I take it all the other ID you provided is your maiden name?
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • gambit_2
    gambit_2 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Oh I do hope you are right. I had council tax bill - maiden name, passport - married (certification of marriage to a b**tard) name, and decree absolute to show both names. If that's all it is then great but I did offer to show them my current bank and credit cards which are all in my maiden name and they didn't want to know.

    I have written a letter asking why this has happened but now Britain is shutting down for 4 days, arghhhhh!
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    That could be whats causing the confusion poss? who knows only them....fingers crossed on the appeal...you have a PM
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • gambit_2
    gambit_2 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Thanks for the pm, I have just done as you suggested. If it's only my ID I wonder why they didn't just write and ask me for more info??
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.