We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

voda nectar points

Options
I am at the end of a 12 month vodaphone contract and asked about a phone upgrade only to be told that because I accepted the 'free' nectar points to be applied to a nectar card linked to my usage 7 months into the contract, they automatically renewed the contract at that time and I am not now eligible for an upgrade for 12 months from that time. Can this be right? The nectar thing was done online and at no time was I informed of this..has anyone else been tucked in this way?

Comments

• GIRLPOWER_2
    GIRLPOWER_2 Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Options
    I had a letter to say vodaphone were stopping the nectar points from the end of Aug and because of this I would get a 1000 points in december.. 2 weeks ago I cancelled this contract and had no probelms doing so.. they also said I would still get the points in december.. but time will tell.

think you need to speak to a manager there...
  • gk172
    gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you get any bonus nectar points like a lump sum of them? there might have been small print, but i added a phone to the nectar points mid contract and i was never penalised or held for longer:confused: try phoning and getting a differant operator so if that helps or recheck the nectar site to see if theres anything there.
    The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • tucked_up?
    Options
    Thanks girlpower & gk172, I haven't chased it up with them yet just had a whinge after coming off the phone! Next stop manager and leave if no joy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport