free delivery from Scan.co.uk (IT)

Options
not sure if this is the right place for this. hopeflly you will find it useful :)

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=51314

I've been in discussion with SCAN this morning; one of its Directors, Elan Raja III, has stated to me how impressed he is with HEXUS and the SCAN staff involvement on the community.

He has noticed the amount of positive feedback and negative which they have received he has decided to make a gesture of goodwill to all HEXUS.community members. This is to give everyone free shipping on every order placed with SCAN. Whatever the product, whatever the price.

Elan stated:
Quote:
Our aim is to give back to the HEXUS community what it has given to SCAN recently.

The system will work like this - you need to login to the SCAN account page you will activate your HEXUS.community token, once the token is activated every time you use the account the carriage will be removed from all orders.

You will just need to put your HEXUS.community username, and registered email address within the SCAN account system. Every login will need to be authorized so there will be a slight delay for some people.

Please note you have to be registered in the HEXUS.community.

Please note SCANs normal shipping conditions apply (due dates etc). It will all be shipped via normal shipping (Citylink) rather than a cheaper form of delivery.

This will be in place very soon - we just wanted to share the good news with you.

So no catches or gimmicks - all you need is to be a member of the HEXUS.community, this is for Main Land UK Only

Checkout SCAN - www.scan.co.uk

INSERT BY MARTIN

OK.

I've received some representation from a user concerned about this loophole. This site is about saving money and this is a good method. However by doing he is worried, it may mean the deal is quashed for regular site users on that site.

This is something you must make your own ethical decision about. I certainly won't be stopping or deleting the post about it. My suspicion is it will drive users to the site, which certainly means it will gain. The only thing i have concerns about is let's not spam it - thats bad etiquette and something I'd be keen not to encourage.

Comments

• dmurray0
    dmurray0 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    Why is it customers in N.ireland get absolutely shaf*ed when ordering anything? Quoted £12 for P+P for a golf glove earlier when glove was only £2.99, and yet again SCAN do me no favours. Peeved off, big style!!!!!
  • ukbandit
    ukbandit Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    sorry to hear that mate :(
  • balt
    balt Posts: 308 Forumite
    Options
    Can you tell me what Hexus community is please?
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    AFAIK the system hasn't been set up for the Hexus community yet, so probably a little premature to post.

What's the odds that 5000+ MSE's swamp Hexus to try and get free delivery on all the todayonly specials!

Rufus.
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please note you are required to maintain an active participation in the HEXUS community and amass 25 quality posts before you can take advantage of this offer.

Or so I have been told...
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Indeed:

Requirements of participation
    You must be an active, registered member of the HEXUS.community discussion forums
    We consider a minimum of 25 constructive posts to be a reasonable indication that you are an active, registered member. Please note the quality of posts made will be actively monitored by all staff.
    To become an active, registered member of the HEXUS.community is FREE!
    To become a member of the HEXUS.community discussion forums please register here: http://forums.HEXUS.net/register.php?

Spirit of participation
    You continue to actively participate in the HEXUS.community discussion forums
    Once you have made a purchase from SCAN under the SCAN2HEXUS loyalty programme you submit a retailer rating and feedback on the HEXUS.trust retailer rating system, which sets out your experience, good or bad, about shopping at SCAN.
    Personal membership of the HEXUS.trust is FREE
    To become a member of the HEXUS.trust customer & retailer ratings, please register here: http://users.HEXUS.net/user_register.php?

Other important stuff
    If people do not operate within the ‘spirit of participation’ set out above, then repeat orders requesting Free Delivery may be refused at SCAN’s discretion.
    SCAN have not yet set a minimum order value, but we’re hoping that people will not abuse this offer and order items of a value lower than say £20.
    The SCAN2HEXUS loyalty programme applies only to items despatched to addresses within mainland UK.
    The SCAN2HEXUS loyalty programme may be altered or withdrawn at any time and without prior notice.

About HEXUS
    HEXUS.net is undisputedly the UK's largest, best trusted and most influential PC technology enthusiasts resource
    HEXUS.community is arguably the UK’s largest genuine UK discussion forum for mainstream technology enthusiasts, offering help, opinions & news, from expert technologists, and official representatives from World Class technology providers and manufacturers around the globe
    HEXUS.trust is the original, the best, and the most trusted independent customer & retailer ratings system on-line

About SCAN
    SCAN Computers International Ltd (SCAN) was founded by Mr Shelley Raja in 1989, and is now a family run business employing more than 150 members of Staff at its main office in Bolton. Over the years SCAN has, built a solid reputation for being a quality and innovative supplier to the retail/e-tail markets.
    The principle business of SCAN is to build and supply high-performance systems, PC hardware/software and consumer electronics through the retail and E-tail market.
    Heavy investment in SCAN's back-office systems, combined with a great work force, has allowed us to achieve an award winning service level whilst still being competitive in a near perfectly competitive market.
    The corporate culture change from a family based company to a medium sized enterprise was called “3XS”. This was the internal “buzz” word used several years back when the management made an active decision to excel in operational tasks, whilst being focussed on customers requirements in a changing market place.
    The changes involved each and every company member, at all levels, and resulted into SCAN being recognized as an award winning retailer/E-tailer.
  • pealy
    pealy Posts: 458 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know when it will be activated?
  • user1234_2
    Options
    within 48-72 hours apparently
  • pealy
    pealy Posts: 458 Forumite
    Options
    Don't know if you looked at this already but there's some advice here on what to look for...

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=51430
  • muddyfox470
    Options
    Sorry. I am an Avid Hexus user...

And would like to say that this isn't a freebie for people to exploit, you have to be a Hexus member who is actively involved in the community. So i wouldn't get your hopes up that just joining the hexus community to get the free scan delivery will work.

As we speak i shall be reporting this to a mod to try and delete the thread.

Ian
    Student Moneysaving Expert :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family