We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Orange Sims £1.10 + VAT at JTF

Options
If anyone lives near a JTF warehouse I got an orange simcard there today for £1.10 plus VAT. There is £1 credit on the phone. My main purpose was to use it for Orange Wednesdays. Once I registered it I then sent of for my 2-for-1 Orange Wednesday today and was chuffed to get my code back. This means I spent about £1.20 on a sim card - plus you get £1 credit on it meaning it only cost me 20p. I then spent 10p from my free £1 balance sending a text for Orange Wednesday. My cinema entry would have been £5.20 so I have already made a saving. My OTH has Orange so it means that for 2 adults and 2 kids at the cinemas (on the Weds) it costs between £10 and £12. Or if a group of 4 of us go that only 2 have to pay so we can split the cost between 4 of us.

Edit: Stores at Mansfield (Notts), Hucknall (Notts), Rotherham, Leeds and Lincs. They are a trade and business warehouse and you need to produce your card but loads of people seem to have them that dont have businesses etc.

Comments

• Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    Options
    You can get them for 59p, post free from...

http://www.buymobilephones.net/store/merchant-2-26.ihtml

and it's usualy a next day service too!
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

• MPDmike
    MPDmike Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I believe Orange SIM cards have been on offer for £1.00 from Orange themselves, for some weeks now:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/sim_connection_pack

Still, it is worth shopping around, as somebody may be offering them for free as a summer perk? ;)
  • stressedoutmum
    Options
    Oh well thought Id found a good deal and could return some of the savings Ive made here. I'll leave the moneysaving to the experts in future then ;) S.O.M.
  • stressedoutmum
    Options
    Alright you lot got the message - I am no good at finding bargains. Off for a sulk now :o:o
  • kokyu
    kokyu Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Allexie wrote:
    You can get them for 59p, post free from...

http://www.buymobilephones.net/store/merchant-2-26.ihtml

and it's usualy a next day service too!

Do you know what tariff the O2 sims are on? If they're one of those "must top up by £10 every month" ones then I'll avoid, but if it's a standard, reasonably cheap PAYG tariff I'll get one for my Mum, I really need to get her to use one. Thanks for the spot.
  • MPDmike
    MPDmike Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi kokyu, I believe the O2 SIM cards mentioned above are the same as the ones you can buy on the O2 website:

http://www.o2.co.uk/

You obviously have to top up the card when you want to use the phone, but there should not be any monthly quota to meet. Simply top it up when you need to.
  • FairyElephant_2
    Options
    Similar ??? as before - with the Orange Just Talk simcards (for 59p) does anyone know if they need to be topped up every month?

Am looking for the cheapest possible option to get my own mobile no' due to imminent loss of co' phone.....have an old Nokia phone which is usable on Orange, so guess it will be OK to put one of these SIMs in?

Don't use no' much - mainly just a few texts and the odd call to B/F (who is on O2 - his co' phone) - mainly I need it as job-hunting so need a mobile no' to put on CV so prospective employers can contact me! (I Hope!!!!)
    Cheers for any advice,

FE
    The best advice you can give your children: "Take responsibility for your own actions...and always Read the Small Print!"
    ..."Mind yer a*se on the step!"
    TTC with FI - RIP my 2 MC Angels - 3rd full ICSI starts May/June 2009 - BFP!!! Please let it be 'third time lucky'..... EDD 7th March 2010.
  • Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    Options
    Similar ??? as before - with the Orange Just Talk simcards (for 59p) does anyone know if they need to be topped up every month?

Am looking for the cheapest possible option to get my own mobile no' due to imminent loss of co' phone.....have an old Nokia phone which is usable on Orange, so guess it will be OK to put one of these SIMs in?

Don't use no' much - mainly just a few texts and the odd call to B/F (who is on O2 - his co' phone) - mainly I need it as job-hunting so need a mobile no' to put on CV so prospective employers can contact me! (I Hope!!!!)
    Cheers for any advice,

FE

Just had a quick squiz through the booklet that came with my simcard and I can see no mention of a £10 monthly top-up.....:confused:
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family