Barclaycard Credit Limit Discussion Area

Options
1235»

Comments

• Gids
    Gids Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Every time I give Barclaycard another chance they manage to annoy me beyond belief.
    This last time is the last time - I will never do business with them again and strongly advise other people not to, but here's the story so you can judge for yourself...
    Two cards - one visa with barclaycard the other a mastercard with NatWest.
    I manage to do some number dyslexia so get numbers mixed up that leaves both cards £20 short of the minimum.
    NatWest call me to ask if I meant to pay less than the minimum payment and did I want to rectify it - thank you NatWest, I'm grateful for you catching it and responding with my needs in mind.
    Barclaycard, don't call, don't write, don't mention it to me - they just go straight to Experian and report me for a missed payment.
    That wouldn't be a big deal if I wasn't trying to move a mortgage from Northern Rock!
  • Jigga
    Jigga Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    I was always under the impression that Barclaycard gave the lowest credit limits from postings on MSE over the years and my experience with them about three years ago when they only gave me £500 compared to a number of other cards I have that have £10k limits. Anyway, I ditched it fairly quickly as the limit was too low to be of any use to me.

Then, 6 months ago I decided to give them another go to take advantage of their ‘new at the time’ 0% BT deal for 15 months. Applied on-line, in the application they ask how much I would consider doing as a BT to their card, I say £5k and I am immediately accepted. When the letter comes through confirming the limit, hey £5,600!!! Nice.
  • Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Options
    Gids wrote: »
    Every time I give Barclaycard another chance they manage to annoy me beyond belief.
    This last time is the last time - I will never do business with them again and strongly advise other people not to, but here's the story so you can judge for yourself...
    Two cards - one visa with barclaycard the other a mastercard with NatWest.
    I manage to do some number dyslexia so get numbers mixed up that leaves both cards £20 short of the minimum.
    NatWest call me to ask if I meant to pay less than the minimum payment and did I want to rectify it - thank you NatWest, I'm grateful for you catching it and responding with my needs in mind.
    Barclaycard, don't call, don't write, don't mention it to me - they just go straight to Experian and report me for a missed payment.
    That wouldn't be a big deal if I wasn't trying to move a mortgage from Northern Rock!

I have three cards with Barclaycard and have never encountered any problems. If I did make a mistake then I would accept responsability for it and not start moaning about the finance company.

You are too blame for the latest error and why should BC have to spend time making calls to check to see what the situation is and why the min amount was short.

If they did this with their customers, then no doubt the apr on the cards would be alot higher.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure