My debt-free diary

Options

Comments

• Also ... bummer about the Lush stuff - gutted for you.
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • Sugarhunny1
    Sugarhunny1 Posts: 879 Forumite
    Options
    Evening Laura, have no advice to give you but i couldnt just read and run. Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge can help. Keep at it though, your doing a grand job!

Sugar xxx
    "The journey of 1000 miles commenced with a single step"
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hmmmm, i'm in such a mess this month. i can't beleive how many outgoings i have this month just because i've been paid less. mega annoying.
    on the plus side i've joined a few 'make-money-doing-surveys-online' sites and i have made a whole £1.40 this morning. that's right. £1.40. i'll retire now, i think. :)
    Still considering the whole consolidation loan thing. I was wanting to reduce my outgoings before next year when we have to renew our mortgage, and getting a loan will actually FIX my outgoings for like another 4-5 years (i wouldn't be able to afford the repayments on any shorter repayment schedule) but then it would probably make things simpler because it would mean there was just one payment. and everything in one place.

So, don't really know what to do with myself!
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    had a look into a few loans via this site. an egg loan would let me make overpayments when possible and if i get it over a long enough term i would actually reduce my outgoings by £70 or £80 a month
    oh what to do, what to do, what to do...
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    that's if they would have me...
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm at that really dangerous point i get to when i'm depressed about money- which is to start spending money I don't have on stuff I don't need. but want. and it just makes thing worse, which makes me feel worse. which makes me spend more money on stuff i don't need. Oh dear. Think i'll go check my bank account. Even though i don't want to and it's 3 weeks until payday! aaaargh!
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hmmm, not as bad as i thought. but still not great. definitely not great, but i might just make it through the month IF i stop wasting my money on stupid stuff. As of tomorrow it's back to packed lunches for a start.
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I fell off the wagon. Things have gotten worse.... I'm gonna have to start fresh. AGAIN. *sigh*
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have deceided to take my head out of the sand and pay attention to my spending again! ANd finally claim back my bank charges!
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Feel much better today, have started overpaying one of my credit cards(finally!) and have resolved to keep a closer watch on my spending. Especially as it is my BF's birthday at the beggining of November. Just need to keep making little steps.

I am meeting a friend for lunch today but my friend has 'BOGOF' vouchers so lunch will be half price, and if I stick to halves of draught lager in the pub, instead of pricey bottles or spirits, it should be quite a cheap deal.

When I get back I'm also gonna start looking through my bank statements to work out what I've paid in charges so I can start claiming stuff back! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure