laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i hate call centres, grrrrr
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    they're making me listen to bad music! And costing me money....
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Barclaycard
    • Limit:£950
    • balance: [strike]£977.16 :([/strike] £277.16
    • interest: 24.9% purchases, 27.9% cash. i was naughty and used this one for cash advances too.
    • transfer rate: don't care- going to pay it off and cancel it!
    Capital One
    • [strike]limit: £4000[/strike] GONE
    • [strike]balance: £0[/strike] GONE
    • [strike]interest: 24.09%[/strike] GONE
    • [strike]transfer rate: 24.09%, 3%fee[/strike] GONE
    HSBC CC
    • limit: £3000
    • balance: [strike]£2275[/strike] £2992
    • interest: 15.9%
    • transfer rate: 15.9%, 2.5% fee
    Halifax
    • limit: £1600
    • balance: [strike]£1564[/strike]£1579
    • interest: 0% until 6.4.08
      16.94% after
    • transfer rate: 0% until 6.4.08
      16.94% after
    So have made a start on sorting things out! :T
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have just added up my total spend for the week so far and it has come to £9.65 in all. Good week! I have just found out that on the first of April I will need t0 spend £169 to register with the GOC so that it is still legal for me to work. Not sure where this is going to come from..... but I have to find it some how!
  • bestmumof3
    Options
    laura2481 wrote: »
    Have just added up my total spend for the week so far and it has come to £9.65 in all. Good week! I have just found out that on the first of April I will need t0 spend £169 to register with the GOC so that it is still legal for me to work. Not sure where this is going to come from..... but I have to find it some how!

What is the GOC? Do you have to fork out £169 in one go or can you make an arrangement to pay it over a period of time?
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bestmumof3 wrote: »
    What is the GOC? Do you have to fork out £169 in one go or can you make an arrangement to pay it over a period of time?
    The GOC is the General Optical Council. I think i can pay it as a direct debit. I checked the website and it's a bit confusing. The one thing i did spot was that if i register before the first of April i pay £169, then £169 after as you are registering for a tax year and it's £169 even for a part year! So i'm going to ring them on the first of April so i don't get stung for double the amount! :rotfl:

As a round up of the whole week: it has been very good. Spent very little- saved money taking food to work instead of paying for lunch, cut down on what i spent on alcohol and tried to avoid frittering money away on stuff i didn't really need. Total spend for the week including a weekly buss pass at £9 was £32.70. Easily 1/2 what i normally spend! :D
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    laura2481 wrote: »
    Total spend for the week including a weekly bus pass at £9 was £32.70. Easily 1/2 what i normally spend! :D
    I know i know- i fritter away a fortune, there's no need to tell me! :p
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Also, pay day on tuesday so have to start keeping a good close eye on the old budget! Think i may even have a little left over to pay off of a credit card, but just a little. £15 0r so. But at least it's a step in the right direction! :)
  • runmichellerun
    Options
    Hi Laura, can't offer you any advice as it looks like you're doing very well on your own at the moment.

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm following your thread with interest. It's always good to see others sorting out their CC debts like I am.

Good luck!!!

RMR.xx
    LBM February 2008. DFD March 2013 19 August 2011
    Debt at LBM £14,395.48. Debt Now £0
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not much happening right now- pay day today so it's a new start to the month. just gotta keep a check on the budget. :)

Now i have a bit of a dilemma. My mum gave me £20 today as a gift as a sort of a welll done for getting a new job. Now a little angel on one shoulder is saying 'pay it off your credit card..' and a little devil on the other is saying 'Go spend it on something nice...' So what should I do? Go with the devil or go with the angel? It was a gift.... but then i could do with clearing off my credit card. What to do , what to do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure