Upgrade tariff or phone?

Options
I have been with vodafone for 4 years and had their package where I pay £13.99 p/m and get itemised billing, 600 free mins off peak to landlines and other vodafone users and 50 txts. For the first 9 months I got the £13.99 back, I got the handset free and 100 txt.

Since I try to not go over my allowance, I generally pay £14 p/m for my mobile.

I have looked around and keep finding most packages are around £20, so I have never bothered to upgrade. I have however bought 2 different handsets from ebay over the years to upgrade my mobile, but kept my SIM and contract.

Would it be worth me contacting Vodafone to see if they will upgrade my handset or do me a deal? I don't want them to turn around and try to push me into something more expensive or put conditions on a new handset, especially as I reckon this contract I have they'd be keen for me to give up.

What do you reckon?

Shall I stick with what I have or how can I word it so I get what "a little extra"?

Comments

• rogerramjet
    rogerramjet Posts: 1,388 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think they would love you to move....however; they may upgrade your phone as you've been with them so long. This may work out cheaper than buying off ebay.

At the end of the day, it's just a phone call to find out what they say :)
    Welcome, rogerramjet.
    You last visited: 01-01-1970 at 01:00 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family