Getting out of Mobile contract with Orange

Options
13»

Comments

• BigGerry
    Options
    :mad: I have been a loyal, always paying on time customer of Orange's for about 3 years now.

I signed up almost 2 years ago for their iPhone 3 24months plan and it has turned out to be the biggest waste of £35 + VAT per month ever!!!

for the first year, I kept getting missed call alerts from Everyone as my phone NEVER rang it just went straight to voicemail and so nobody could get through to me and they even gave up calling me as I never answered

at the same time I was having continuing problems with my 3G, which is still the case and whenever I call them to complain I get the same answer "a transmitter is down in your location" however as a site inspector I am in 10 different locations all over London every day but when I call I get the same response "a transmitter is down in your location".
    They need to think up some new lies!!!!

I tried to drop my tarrif to the lowest one so as I could buy my way out or just pay the £10 or £15 (begrudgingly) and move to T-Mobile or someone but was told the lowest one is £30 + VAT which is a complete rip-off because again my 3G still doesn't work most times.

so now unless someone has a way out, I'm stuck till next Jan with this stupid company who continually lie and refuse to help.

Any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated

thanks

Gerry.
  • drbesty
    drbesty Posts: 967 Forumite
    Options
    3g is oversubscribed in London at the moment, thats why you're getting missed calls, there is'nt enough capacity to route the call, switching to 2g or TMobile will 'resolve' the issue in a sense although you then won't have any 3g connection
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    Parva wrote: »
    I'm no lover of the extended contracts that now exist but I do take on board that if I sign up to it then I am commited to paying for it regardless of what changes in my circumstances I experience.

Pass us your crystal ball when your done with it.
  • robbies_gal
    Options
    why are you bumping up all these old threads with nonsense
    What goes around-comes around
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    Toe-Jam wrote: »
    Pass us your crystal ball when your done with it.

If you're not sure if you can keep paying for the duration, then you shouldn't get a contract. Simple as.
  • mickyfish
    Options
    i have renewed a contract with orange and i am about 8 months in to it, i have recently fell out of work, and the last company i worked for went under and i was owed a months wages which i never received , i have been with orange for around 14yrs and never missed a bill , they tell me i cant lower my contract and have now cut me off but still expect me to pay even thou i can not use my phone and my contract is £65 a month and will not help me through this difficult time is there any way i can get released from my contract
    can anyone help
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 May 2012 at 7:53PM
    Options
    The only ways are to die or to go bankrupt.

It has to be a very nice phone for £65 p.m. Sell it and use the proceeds to pay. Buy a replacement handset for a tenner. And surely you have to have some savings if you "have been with orange for around 14yrs" and could afford £65 contract. If you pay all remaining months in advance (to terminate the contract without affecting your credit history) you are likely to get about 1/6 discount ('VAT').
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mickyfish wrote: »
    i have renewed a contract with orange and i am about 8 months in to it ... and my contract is £65 a month
    Why didn't you get a one-month SIM-only contract on £10 to £15 per month? You should ensure that your long-term commitments to expenditure match others' long-term commitments to pay your income.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure