We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nokia 6630 has it got vibrating alert & where to find best deal-any comparison sites?

Options
RussWWFC
RussWWFC Posts: 573 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I've finally decided that my phone for this year is going to be a Nokia 6630. You can get these on one of 3's special deals although O2 would be fine and I'd consider T-Mobile if the price is right, although preferably not as coverage at my work is patchy.

Does anyone own one. I've read differing views on whether it has vibrating alert (it is an essential feature for me) so can anyone confirm.

Also is there a price comparison site that would work out the total cost for the duration of the contract (simillar to Reestit Mutton's but on a larger scale)

Thanks In Advance

EDIT: Thanks for the user who PM'd me and confirmed it has vibrating alert. Now all I am looking for is a stonking deal on a contract, preferably talk and text 400 (for its texts)
Wycombe Till I Die

Comments

• gk172
    gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    When i was looking 2 weeks ago the best deal i got offered was from carphone warehouse online, they do have it but only on the 600 - 500 mins 100 texts but look into e2save owned by cpw see if any of those are good for you or dialaphone too they are normall quite good but too many posts regarding one stop phone shop this week so i would avoid them.

P.S i printed out the carphone warehouse offer (6680) and took it into phones 4u they couldnt offer all the cashback on the 6630 deal but could offer same cashback on the 6680:confused: and they paid the cashback to me in the shop there and then:j so i got £100 cashback and 3 months 1/2 price confirmed on 3 invoice and the 6680 free on the talk and text 600 = £215 for the whole year.
    The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • RussWWFC
    Options
    Have you got a link to the CPW offer, I could just walk into the store and pick the phone up there and then I presume
    Wycombe Till I Die
  • gk172
    Options
    6680 or 6630 - carphonewarehouse offers ;)
  • RussWWFC
    Options
    Cheers. If anyone else has seen any better deals post em here. It would be much appreciated
    Wycombe Till I Die
  • rogerramjet
    rogerramjet Posts: 1,388 Forumite
    Options
    The 6630 has vibrate but doesn't appear to have timed profiles...which I really miss :(

Also infra red has been dropped so connection is cable or Bluetooth.

Got mine from onestopphoneshop...on the 3 network, 9 months free rental (redemption), first three months at £15.00 and a free bluetooth...which I'm still waiting to arrive
    Welcome, rogerramjet.
    You last visited: 01-01-1970 at 01:00 AM
  • RussWWFC
    Options
    How recent was that you got that??

The nearest equivilant seems to be this

http://www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk/index.php?&B
    though I'd prefer 9 months free off a 12 month contract like this

http://www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk/index.php?&B
    although thats without the Bluetooth

If anyone can better that then I'd be interested

So by my reckoning thats £90 for the year (working out at £7.50 per month) (thats for the 12 monther)

or

£150 for the 18 months which works out at £8.33 per month

Either way a lot better than the £20 I am paying with O2 plus I get to use minutes during the day which I cant with O2. Would prefer more texts than minutes (IE Talk Text 400) but the deals make this tariff the better value
    Wycombe Till I Die
  • gk172
    Options
    RussWWFC wrote:
    Either way a lot better than the £20 I am paying with O2 plus I get to use minutes during the day which I cant with O2. Would prefer more texts than minutes (IE Talk Text 400) but the deals make this tariff the better value

Are you 02 contract? if you are they seem to be doing excellent retention deals look here ;)

ps i would avoid one stop till you read the other posts on here about the problems other people have had:eek:
  • RussWWFC
    Options
    Thanks for that - I'd prefer to stay with o2 to be honest and would most probably keep my current phone and flog the new one if I stayed with them.

Also if I did try to take up the OSPS offer I'd try to get the deal through another shop, preferably a retail store - printing out the page might help.

I eamiled o2 with the following:

Hi

My contract is due to expire on 14/08/05

My mobile number is 077XXXXXXXX

I am currently a happy o2 customer but am seriously considering leaving. I have been offered from them:

TALK & TEXT 600 – which includes
    500 free minutes

100 free Texts

Normally £30 a month

But with 9 months free line rental, the yearly cost works out at £90, making it £7.50 a month

Plus you get a free NOKIA 6630

However I’d prefer more texts – if you can offer me a good deal I am more than happy to stay with O2, if I can’t get the deal I want I shall leave.

I’d prefer to pick up the phone up from my local store too – would this be possible?

Many thanks for your time – I would be grateful if I could get this issue sorted by email and down in writing rather than mess about on the phone.

Thanks

Russell Cox
    Wycombe Till I Die
  • RussWWFC
    Options
    O2 email bounced - they have always been a pig to email so I will go down to the shop tomorrow and see if they can match the deal. If not then I'm afraid it will be Auf Weidersehen to O2, a shame really as they have always provided a good service. There's other phone shops down town too so should O2 fail me, I will try them. If not I have emailed https://www.go3online.co.uk to see if they can match and will do similar with other companies if they give me the old kibosh.

Lastly I'll take my chances with One Stop (judging by comments on here they are called that beacause you only go there once after all the hassle they give you!!)
    Wycombe Till I Die
  • balt
    balt Posts: 308 Forumite
    Options
    The 6630 has vibrate but doesn't appear to have timed profiles...which I really miss :(

Also infra red has been dropped so connection is cable or Bluetooth.

Got mine from onestopphoneshop...on the 3 network, 9 months free rental (redemption), first three months at £15.00 and a free bluetooth...which I'm still waiting to arrive

6630 is a series 60 symbian phone and there are masses of programs to enhance it try this extended profiles it should do what you want, if not just do a search. There is also a program that changes profiles by location but can't remember what it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport