O2 Online PAYG Customer Service Number

Options
monomer
monomer Posts: 216 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I don't know if it's my imagination but there seems to have been a change in the o2 online customer service number for pay as you go numbers.

I entered two different o2 online PAYG numbers on the form here:
http://www.o2.co.uk/help/0,,500,00.html

and for both numbers, it no longer quoted their usual 50p/min number:
Call us by either
Pressing Hot Key 9 on your mobile
(calls charged at 20p per minute)

Or dial 08705 678 678 from a fixed line phone
(calls charged at national rate)
National rate is better than 50p/min, I guess, but you do have to wade through a lot more menus before you get to speak to someone! :)
"...And I gave that man directions, even though I didn't know the way, 'cause that's the kind of guy I am this week." -- Homer Simpson

Comments

• pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    monomer wrote:
    National rate is better than 50p/min, I guess, but you do have to wade through a lot more menus before you get to speak to someone! :)

O2,s statement is misleading there is no such thing as National Rate it was abolished last year by BT.(Although O2 do have an * against the no 08705 678 678 no which leads to =(Calls are charged at your Telephone providers published rates).

If you are ringing from an O2 PAYG Online calls to 0870 numbers are charged at 35p peak,10p offpeak,2p at weekends.
    If you are ringing from a BT Landline calls to 0870 are 7.51 peak and reduce during evenings and weekends.

However i have left the best bit to last.
    If you call 0161 705 5386 this will lead you to an O2 Customer Service Menu.
    Enter your mobile no as requested, and it will refer you to a payg menu. Press option 0 once,wait a sec and press option 0 again, and you will get online customer service!!! ;)
    PF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport