no idea what I'm doing...changing network to PAYG

Options
I want to change my mobile from Fresh to a T Mobile PAYG ( I have the sim already) can someone tell me what happens to my phone number, do I lose it?, can I keep the Fresh contract as a back-up in case I don't make any savings with T mobile or do I have to cancel it before I can use the new sim?
If I screw my eyes up tight I can just about see where you're coming from

Comments

• zx2011
    zx2011 Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    T Mobile should tell you the procedure to go through.

You'll need a Port Authorisation Code(PAC) from Fresh.
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    I want to change my mobile from Fresh to a T Mobile PAYG ( I have the sim already) can someone tell me what happens to my phone number, do I lose it?, can I keep the Fresh contract as a back-up in case I don't make any savings with T mobile or do I have to cancel it before I can use the new sim?

Out of interest why are you changing to T-Mobile there normal Payg tariff is expensive!!!!
    PF.
  • tom_and_barbara_good
    Options
    Is this a big mistake then? I spend around £6.00 a month with Fresh and was hoping to reduce this even more. I've been told that if I put £30.00 on the card the calls are 10 pence per minute, have I got this right?

I have just checked this out - I'm pleased that I did, it has to be usage of £30.00 PM to get the 10 pence per minute ....slap on head moment!
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Do you tend to ring mobiles or landlines when you do use the phone.?
    PF.
  • tom_and_barbara_good
    Options
    It's about half to landlines and the other half is to one t-mobile phone
  • zx2011
    zx2011 Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could try T-Mobile's "Mates Rates" tarrif at http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=orphan_matesrates

All calls to T-Mobile are 5p per min. 20p per min to landlines and 40p per min to other networks. Texts ar 5p each to T-Mobile and 10p each to other networks.

• tom_and_barbara_good
    Options
    marcgr wrote:
    You could try T-Mobile's "Mates Rates" tarrif at http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=orphan_matesrates

All calls to T-Mobile are 5p per min. 20p per min to landlines and 40p per min to other networks. Texts ar 5p each to T-Mobile and 10p each to other networks.

Thanks, I've got on to the Mates Rates tariff, I didn't bother with the PAC code as there are only 4 people (it's not too sad - it's just an emergency phone!) that would phone me so it was easy just to give them my number. A bonus was I was credited with 60 free minutes.

Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family