We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Genealogy

Options
13»

Comments

• patchwork_cat
    patchwork_cat Posts: 5,874 Forumite
    Options
    I have the birth certificates for my grandma and grandpa - it cost me £14 which is quite a lot IMO particularly when you consider how little it costs for scottish records. As I say the problem is the names are very common plus you don't get an age on birth certificates. I think that marriage certificates is better perhaps. I subscribe to ancestry.co.uk and find the BMD.org good.

The only problem is you don't always find what you want to see on researching family history as the amount of tears shed during Who do you think you are? testifies. I have had some shocks. I have been researching for over 5 years and as I say 1 line has been relatively easy the others are a bit harder .
  • javajim
    javajim Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    javajim wrote: »
    I have found a genealogy site and I was wondering if any body knows if it is safe. I have registered etc and then a page has come up in which I have to do a once off installation. So not at all sure about it. What do you think?

The site is https://www.myheritage.com

Thanks in advance

Bump
    Has any one got any views about this site
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts